translate

Friday 26 December 2014

CHRISTMAS DAY IN FI'S FAMILY

 
Good day Bloggets, how are you all? I am in my conservatory, it’s really cold out there, and the house smells of turkey stock that my Husband is making for Turkey broth! Teen in bed still and one out of two dogs has a big smile on her face as she spent the night on our couch a sleep. Not intentionally, but the living room door was left open last night. Thankfully the coffee Hub got for Christmas from our lovely friends Vivi and John, was put away safely as you know what she is like for thieving coffee? When my Aunt brought Hub some and left it in her bag, little Wagga stole it. It took two days to calm the blooming dog down…

 

Yesterday we had a lovely day. We woke up and needed to see if Santa had been. Learned he had, so woke teen up. It was funny the night before, as I told my Son to leave milk out for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph. Oh he was so funny; he grumbled and said “Mum, really, I’m seventeen!” I told him just because he was seventeen, didn’t mean he didn’t have to let Santa go thirsty or Rudolph hungry. Show his appreciation…. Oh it took about ten minutes to get him to do his Christmas Eve duty.

 

Well, he moaned and groaned left the living room and banged about the kitchen. He always does this before bed though, normally making himself a cup of something or something to eat.

 

When he went to bed I went into the kitchen to see if he had done the deed? He had not only a glass of milk, but the carrot and chopped into three, obviously so that it will be easier for Rudolph to manage. Haha haha. Bless him. I love that boy.

 

The things he does to pacify his Mum. Then I went to try to help the big man out, as the children who read this, you know, Mummy’s and Daddy’s well, grownups in general have to do their best to help Santa, otherwise he gets all in a fluster. I wanted to bring some gifts down I had been hiding for Hub so that Santa didn’t have to bring too much. Only to find that I had forgot to wrap the blooming things…. So half past the pumpkin hour, I was wrapping gifts.

 

We went downstairs, opened our stockings. Then our gifts. Oh our Son is always so grateful for everything we get him and he really was lovely and generous with his gifts to us. Hub bought me so much as ever. When I first met him, he said he was spoiling me for all the years I didn’t get anything, but then the year after and after then and now six Christmas’s down the line, he is still spoiling me. I received my beautiful bracelet before Christmas, and yesterday the most amazing earrings. I got perfumes, beautiful hair products and two handbags. From my friends, I received stunning slippers, a Gorgeous candle a mug with my name on and funny thing, Hub received the same mug with his name on it, and we laughed saying we would be using each other’s cups as they felt the same so we wouldn’t know the difference. I got a lovely picture of my beautiful dogs. Teen says it’s lovely as all three are looking at the camera. That was from Arty.  We have no picture of my dear Hannah; we did miss her as she loved Christmas. Teen did well he also received gifts of money and a voucher from others and from us he got lots of clothes and tech gifts Hub gets him. Lots of smellies too.

 

Teen was really kind to us as well, buying us lovely things. So kind. We spent the day before Christmas preparing the Christmas lunch so not much to do yesterday and teen served it all. There was so much food, we didn’t know whether to eat it or climb it.

 

We burned the candle on the table and pulled our crackers, wore our silly hats and teen read the jokes. We had Christmas music on and had a wonderful family Christmas lunch. Our house was full of love, the best gift anyone can receive. I spoke to my Brother and Sister in law on the phone, that was brilliant and my two Nieces text me a few times throughout the day. Hub spoke to  our girls, I know he misses them so much, as do I, and I asked Hub if one year soon, next or the year after, if he thought it would be possible for the girls to come here for Christmas, he said he really hopes so.

 

We had a lovely day and evening. Teen went to bed for a couple of hours at tea time then we enjoyed chocolates and telly together. A great evening full of warmth.

 

With love always, until later gators. X

No comments: