translate

Thursday 30 April 2015

DIARY OF THE LITTLE DEALER


Here I am just waiting. I have been waiting for a few weeks now for the new gardener to come and today for the fifth day, I, wait. Again. As day one I just hoped as it was a nice day, day two and three the same. Day four, he said he would come end of last week so I waited. Now day five? I have the best text so far from him.

“Fiona, I will TRY? To get to you today.”

Well, dog run cleaned and scrubbed. Rain has come just to give an excuse not to come perhaps? Even though it’s lovely now and sunny, I wouldn’t   mind and we don’t have grass at the back to do. Really, we have 90% concrete but you almost wouldn’t know it. It’s almost like an Egyptian carpet out there with weeds coming through the cracks of the slabs. I know we have an eighteen year old son, I can hear some of you shouting that, but others are shouting Yep, he’s a teenager. And he has lazy its

 

So my cheque is ready for £80 for the two hours. I have cash if he asks for more if he has bought any plants to put where the huge shrub is in the front garden.  I like the shrub, but, it’s so close, no, it’s against the brick work and this worries me. mind you, the road out the back with its enormous trucks going by if they don’t do damage to our house, I will eat my hat. I swear it’s on a tilt now. The dog toys roll along the floor on their own, unless it’s my darling Black Beauty coming to play? God rest her soul.

 

Can you believe it’s been seven months now since we lost her? There isn’t a day when I don’t think of her and remember the absolute pain Hub and I went through. Oh it was torture. I hurt so much in my stomach. I really thought we would have her for another few years. She is a miss in our family for sure and LC hasn’t been the same since BB died.

 

I had a pet dog for seventeen years so many years ago and she was my life. I didn’t get out of the house in those days unless my ex took me and he worked so much as he didn’t pass on the lazy its genes to my son that must be me. Haha. Well I had my Kara ten years before my Son was born and she was my baby. At the age of seventeen, we lost her and it killed me. But to lose BB? It was ten times worse. I think because BB was my first guide dog. There is something so very special about them. As especially you’re first. It’s like they have given you their lives. They live to give life to you. I hold my girls faces and tell them how much I love them every single day. Mind you, right now, I have Long Chops face on my lap and really she keeps insisting on plonking her head on my lap top and it looks like I’m writing in  a foreign language until I delete all of the words my darling LC has typed for her Mummy. So right now, I’m not telling her I love her but, shouting “For goodness sake!!!”

 

Sitting in my conservatory, the rain has started again but really, no reason why the guys can’t come? I have seen more water from a bird flying by after a night on the lake. Hehehe.

 

Teen at college. All day. Then where? Well, it depends on where Jo the taxi will take him?

 

Really, he thinks he’s got his little business going. He charges a pound per lad to take to college. He’s blooming going there himself?

 

I guess more people more weight, right? Hmm. My lad has always been a wheeler and dealer. Ever since he was six and came in with a rule from school. I asked him how he got that. As I knew it wasn’t his. Answer?

“Mummy, I had a rubbish pencil and I saw the Rule so asked Tom if he would swap.”

Next day, he came in with a beautiful pen. I was shocked. “Where did you get this?

“Mummy, remember that rule? I saw Billy with this pen and swapped him.”

After I told him off telling him that Billy’s Mum would be cross when he took a plastic rule home in place of his beautiful stainless steel parker pen, I was mortified, he said it was fine and because Billy had loads of pens, but no rule, he swapped.

 

Oh next day? A full set in velvet and chrome case of sub tractors and other mathematical equipment was found in his bag. Yep. He swapped his pen.

 

Next day? In his bag? £15.

“Little man? Get yourself in here?

He only blooming sold his or who evers chrome kit.

 

And that followed him right through school. Even finding a shop when he was fifteen that sold cans of coke half price. Oh my garage was full. He sold them and had a little profit going.

 

I must admit though I wouldn’t tell him at the time as in the early stages, I was ashamed. But I’m quite proud of him now. He just has one more thing in his life to swap then he and I would be happy, as specially him in the future. Thing is, no one wants to buy what he has.

 

OK before I say too much. I shall go now and groom the girls before it rains again. Then do the floors and then make dinner. Last night we had a very healthy salad. Hmm. I made loads of different kind of salads. The boys loved it. Tonight? Me think something with taste this time, what do you reccon? Xxx

 

No comments: