translate

Saturday 18 April 2015

A LOVELY DAY


Hi Bloggets, it’s late in the evening, no I’m not singing an Eric Clapton song, I’m serious it’s late. Hehehe. First time I have had today to put fingers to keys and write. This morning Hub and I went to visit our lovely friends Trix, Like, and Hanz. As always we had a fantastic day. It went so fast. Too quickly. Oh we are just so comfortable when we are all together.

 

We laugh and really all get on so well. Its home from home a comfortable pair of slippers and we are just peace’s of the same jigsaw.

 

I love Trix she was my first best friend when I went to boarding school. She was in the next bed to me and was the first friendly person I saw the very first morning I woke up in that God forsaking place I was to spend six years of my young life.

 

Like with Hub we had a huge gap apart, but then were reunited and for the past six years have started again where we left off. You wouldn’t know there had been so long apart. That’s when you know you have a true friend.

 

Her Husband I have to remind myself that we all didn’t go to school with him. Because it’s as though we have known him for ever too. Hub and he get on so well, he’s an intelligent man with the best humour and he and Hub are so funny when together. Hanz is Tix’s daughter of 22 and she is adorable. She’s my adopted Niece. 

 

We got the best chips for lunch from a chip shop and we had wonderful food with them I had cheese savoury not many chip shops do those these days. Then cream cakes and a few cups of tea later, and sadly time to come home.

 

The time went so fast it was such a great day. And when we got off the train in our home city, we were met by a member of staff who kindly assisted us out of the train station but had to ask

“Do you mind me asking, are you both blind?

How do you do this transport thing?

If you don’t mind me asking another question?

How do you make a cup of tea?”

 

Well, I almost lost it at that point as that was just a sample of his questions. So my answer?

“Just like you. A kettle cup milk and a tea bag.”

 

 Oh then I realised that my tone was a little harsh so I kind of calmed down, but not once did I ask him how he coped with being so short? How did he reach the kitchen units? And how did he not get lost in a crowd?”

 

 Oh but most of the time I was nice to him and thought well, you know he is just curious. But too many questions and so condescending.

 Anyway, we spoke about it Hub and I that is, and he said he gets it all of the time, this is why he, had a dreadful rude in fact attitude towards the man. He said that because it was their job to assist disabled people they should be trained to be a little more sensitive. The awful fact is, most of the people who do that job, are not always the brightest bulbs in the ceiling.

 

But the fact is, without their help, and OK it’s a job, but we wouldn’t be able to travel so easily without them so I always make sure I am respectful towards them. And it’s a fact; people think they can ask anything about blind people. I’m truly never normally bothered, but remember I wrote the other day about how when we are at our friends house where Trix and Like are blind, we feel for just a little while that we are not with this disability. Then you step back into the real world and you are faced with this man with twenty questions. And as I said, normally nothing would bother me but for some reason, he rubbed me up the wrong way.

 

Got home and teen was in. Talking to it, on the phone. He’s there with her tonight first time he has seen her in three weeks. Her choice not his. Now whether her parents know they are together tonight, I’m not too sure, but I do know that she has A, levels to take this summer and needs to study and if last year is anything to go on, she wasn’t allowed to talk to teen, phone him or anything.  Such control they have over her. Bring it on.

 

He’s been so lovely for three weeks. Let’s see how he changes now she’s back.

 

Hub has already been in the gym, garage twice since we got in and we didn’t get in until after six. Dedication? He has to work off his chips. He rejected the cream cakes though. Haha.

 

Anyway a lovely day I hope yours has been too?

 

Later gators. X

No comments: