translate

Tuesday 7 April 2015

TUESDAYS DIARY


Good day Bloggets. My Waggatail has a new toy and is driving me mad already. I am a little anxious she bursts it as it cost a fortune. It’s new I have not seen them before. It’s a Kong ball, with a tennis ball inside and it has handles also it squeaks. For now anyway. And for £11 it better continue to squeak.

 

Teen off to town with his friend. I hope he’s back in time for work?

He has gone out like a fashion model. Really, I am so proud of him. His looks anyway. He could be a kinder Son. But we are blessed in comparison to some parents I know. We had a lovely night yesterday. The three of us watched a great drama.

 

It’s beautiful outside today.

 

I had a delivery of the dog’s toy and the bell went I got up from the floor, hehehe. I was washing the fireplace. I was seconds Teen said the man already was writing out a note to leave the parcel. Really, they don’t give you time at all to answer the door.

 

I made mince beef for dinner tonight. Going to make cuscus. I have some vegetarian turkey to eat with my cuscus. Never made it before so here’s hoping.

 

Off to visit our friend in a couple of weekends. Really looking forward to that. Apart from that, no plans. Hub in town on Thursday so let’s hope Long Chops does him proud?

 

So much work to do with it being a holiday weekend, only did the basics, but also have a poem to write for a Christening.    

 

It’s a glorious day out there. My gardener still hasn’t come. Oh how difficult is it just to get someone to come out? I’m truly fed up of it all. Our garden is such a mess. For eight months now I have been trying to get someone. My friend Arty gave me a number to call. Her gardener. I did and I am still waiting for him to come around. Last week’s weather was awful though, but this week is lovely, so I really hope he will pop around soon? It’s too difficult Hub and I do most things, if not everything we need to on our own, but when it comes to gardening? Nope. As worms? No thank you. We don’t know what we are putting our hands on.  Also unless it has a bloom on it, we don’t know if it is a weed or a flower about to blossom. Teen says everything in our garden is brown. I hate that, it makes me really sad. I have spent a fortune on the garden trying to get things that grow each year, but almost a year without a gardener, doesn’t make a happy garden. Our garden is just too small. They want a big job.  I wish my ex lived closer and he wasn’t my ex, hehehe. Well, that came out wrong, you know what I mean?  As he is the best gardener in the world. He doesn’t realise how good he is, I’m an expert on gardeners as we have had plenty of them. We have been totally conned by most of them. I hate telling them I can’t see as that is a ticket to rip off land.

 

My Mother in Laws roses is still OK thankfully. She planted those for us at our last house. They have travelled with us. The thing that makes me really laugh is she told us she picked thornless roses. Well, really, they would cut your hand off in a second. I don’t like pruning them as to see them we have to feel them. To feel them, we have to bleed.

 

The road out our back is completely depressing Hub and me. Sitting out there is like being in the middle of a motorway. An yet the front is so peaceful. But not at all private. Back private but your head hurts to sit out there. It has made us think about moving so many times, but we love our street. Our neighbours are the best. The area is perfect. So much around here, mind you, you have to cross a lethal road to get to the fun places.

 

Where we used to live, was so quiet, but our neighbours were not that friendly. And there was nothing around where we lived and the busses were a nightmare. Here there is one every ten minutes. Our town is a little easier to find our way around compared to the last place. This is the kind of things you have to think about as a blind couple.

 

At the end of the day, there is Hub and myself. So we have to make sure we live in a blind friendly area. Here is the best either of us has lived in. Though far from perfect.

 

Even the dry cleaners for Hubs suit. Is totally a nightmare to get to? Two busses and the second bus is one of those situations where by it pulls up anywhere. So you see the number you want and run to it before it pulls away. Well, if you can’t see to look for the number? A little bit of a challenged and stress we don’t want.

 

Hence, hub has a bag full of dry cleaning. We keep ordering dress trousers on line, rather than go to the dry cleaners. Crazy. I think we are going to have to get a taxi both ways. Thing is there it will be about £30 where is if we had a car, a driver, a couple of pounds there and back and ten minutes in the car each way, but an hour on the bus each way.

 

People with sight and a car don’t know how lucky they are.

 

I could ask my neighbour for help and give her petrol money, but I totally hate asking people. I cringe you know, a yet I know of people who ask for help all of the time and get it. Sometimes I wonder if it is better to not care about others and not bother if you are a bother…. But then I couldn’t be a pest. It’s just not in my nature, and I know at the end of the day, we will manage. Just it’s not easy and it’s tiring. Oh bring on a cure please?

 

We put our hanging basket in the garage. We knew where it was. Over the winter, went to look for it yesterday, not there. Now it may be looking laughing at us, but we can’t find it. It totally chews us up.  This is why I get so tired. I am exhausted. I looked into getting a PA, but its £20 per hour. And how can I explain, well, at nine o clock in the evening, we need something; we can’t call or ring a bell to order? So with something or someone like a PA, we would have to once a week, have everything for her to do. That is not how real life is you know what I mean? We needed a screw driver the other night, We needed to find something yesterday, we need to do colours today, you know what I mean, we can’t live to a once a week help. Let the battle commence.

 

Onwards and upwards. Over the hills.

Climb those mountains and pick daffodils

Drink from the rivers

And swim in the stream

Stay in a forever sun

Warm from shivers

And follow your dream

 

Our dream? Oh I have so many. First one I think you may guess. Second to see. Third for our three children to be happy in life and for us all to be close forever. For their children to visit us and for us to be a normal family, something I just wonder if it is possible at times.

 

Oh this will make you smile. All those feminists out there. Hub told me yesterday, he has “filled the iron up for me with ironing water.” Haha. I guess that is my Q to get in that room and steam those shirts?

 

Bless him, he does iron, and he is good at it. He is a better cook than me too. As for dusting, he has not yet in six years picked up a duster. He keeps telling me his piano keys are dusty. Well, dust them?

 

Really they are so difficult to dust. For some reason, they don’t like a duster. I have to get a wipe for the keys.

 

OK, must dash now loads to do. First have to go out the front into my garage to take a load of white sheets to the drier. In front of the builders across my road. My friend really made me laugh as she told me the other day about her builders. She is getting a kitchen fitted and extended. Well, she said she thinks she has gypsie builders. Hahahahaha. Heard of cowboy builders, but never gypsie ones? She said she thought their skin looked darker than average. Then they said they would bring relatives to work. Then one of the men said his wife had to go to Ireland to a funeral Hahahaha, in came brother number two and cousin number three. Then a child came to work and then the final straw, they brought their dogs and let them run around the garden. She said she should have sent them around here to mine as I have a doggy run. I told her I was going to lock my gate. Hahahhahahehehe.

 

Hub did ask me to check if the front seat is still screwed into the path….

 

I know we shouldn’t judge, but sadly they have a bad reputation around here.

 

OK, next blog taxi drivers diary, it’s a real good one I promise. Xx

 

 

No comments: