translate

Thursday 23 April 2015

A TRUE INSPIRATION BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A TRUE INSPIRATION

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 A beautiful day

As a choir of angels sang my way

As I felt such peace

And began to pray

Fell to my knees

Asking please?

Show me the route to the path of what’s right

Turn my darkness into a starry night

Guide me to the rainbow

Whisper words where to go

Over the bridge across rippling rivers

Place a shawl to prevent autumn shivers

Find me a seat under a tree to shelter

From summer sun, make me healthier

Where is the fun, and happy faces

Hold out the map, to wonderful places

Teach me to laugh, and fill empty spaces

Forget the gap, and horror that chases

Give me peaceful thoughts

I will remember all you have taught   

Forgive all with whom I’ve fought

I heard you singing to me

The clouds lifted and now I see

A beautiful halo in front of me

Wings spread out

I wanted to shout

Why are you showing yourselves now?

But then in an instant

I knew why and how

Such respect to you all I bow

It’s my time to allow

To let you all in

The fear deep within

I can let it all go

It’s such a relief

I have a belief

Let me sing with you all

Messengers of our creator so tall

White lights before me

I feel so free

Silver crowns

Dancing energy floats down

  Placed upon me is a bridal gown

Then before me was a Unicorn

Bickering me to clime upon

Holding on to its golden horn

Never again will I take for granted

The seeds of believing which have been planted

For today I heard the choir sing

And I know now just to be patient

Hear the bells ring

Don’t be complacent

Without hesitation

I found myself in this situation

This was the day of a true inspiration

 

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: