translate

Sunday 26 April 2015

FLEXIE FI AND FRIENDS


Just got in from our friends house warming. Coffee cup and her delightful Husband picked us up and with another couple in the back seats, we in the middle off we went to visit Flexie and Rich. Only in style, Flexie and I lead the way as we arrived Hub and John behind and the other couple behind them. So as we all trooped down the drive weaving in and out of the narrow path in between two cars on the drive another couple followed us.

 

Well, as we approached the door.

Eight of us.

We were all at the wrong house? Hahahahhaha.

I have never seen Hub and Jon move so quickly. Well off down the street they went leaving Coffee cup and me to laugh our way out of the situation. Can you imagine, the couple that the house belonged to sitting watching TV and looking out of the window to see eight people coming for a party?

 

Anyway we arrived in the large an yet cosy cottage of our friends. It was packed. Sounded like a posh country pub with lots of chattering all accents and something I would love but wouldn’t look good in our modern house, is a stone floor. I love the texture of it under my feet. There is something historical telling tails passed on from family to family over the years about wood and stone I think.

 

Well, after Coffee cup and I had a catch up Rich took me off for the F word.

 

Yep, food. Flexie and her daughter had been so busy making the most delicious food. And when the puddings came out? Oh my word. I tell you, it was professional. 

 

The cottage had low ceiling beans and a log fire but it went on and on. It was huge.

An neighbour told our friend that the fire breast was kept up by an old farming piece of equipment. How quaint!

 

Rich wanted to show me the gardens but it was raining, so we decided to wait for better weather. We took some bubbly and a lovely book called something like the riverside Cottage. I thought it was appropriate because they live in a cottage called the Fisherman’s and they all like to cook as it was a cook book. Nothing that I could even think about making, but they are experts.

 

It was a kind thing of them inviting us and I hope to see more of the girls Flexie and Coffee cup. Flexie and I have loads to catch up on.

 

Teen has been to our old home town Newcastle. He is back tomorrow.

 

Well that was last night. Today is sunny we have just got in from our local shop. Took Wagga to work her best and she didn’t let me down. She’s really coming on well now, but to my shock, she is now just this month four. I can’t believe where the time has gone.

 

We walked the horrible short way there and the lovely peaceful way back. Now home and housework to do. Would love a day off from it all, but sadly no can do. Hub in the garage exercising. Then his name is on our vacuum and staircase. Really our landing is huge it’s almost as big as our bedroom. So lots of work there and with the stairs too, that will keep him busy for a short while.

 

I’m as always, starving. Wishing I was back at Flexies. Hehehe. Oh and as for the chips and cheese savoury I had at my friends Trix the other day, yum.

I’m so hungry these days, I can’t eat enough. My soup bowl should come with a lifeguard

 

OK laters gators. X

No comments: