translate

Monday 6 April 2015

STOLEN GOODIES TAKE TWO


STOLEN GOODIES

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Chocolate chicks

Candy sticks

Messy pops

And licking lips

Bunnies hop

Naughty moments

Melting buttons

Caramel kittens

 Magpie’s collections

Silver papers

From Cadburys confessions

A secret whisper

A bubble blister

Of pure delight

From chocolate white

Colourful boxes

Sly as foxes

Is anyone watching?

Keep on poaching

Just take one

I won’t be found out

Keep it quiet

Don’t even shout

If someone comes around the corner

Act so sweet to those who are older

Hide the evidence

The absolute decadence

Whilst they are thinking

I’m drinking

Melted pleasure

At my leisure

Didn’t get caught

Well, that’s what I thought

Hid all my stash

Just forgot about my chocolate moustache

Oops. A wash and my toothbrush

Then a word with Mummy

She said it’s not funny

So why is she laughing

Why are her eyes full of pride?

Telling me I shouldn’t hide

Why has Daddy gone to buy paint?

OK, so I’m no Saint

There are fingerprints on the wall

How was I to know my eggs would fall

I reached for them

My golden hen

My chocolate carrot

And my Easter rabbit

I wipe my hands on the walls

At least my good clothes are still clean

In fact supreme

Oh the moment was good

Though feeling quite sick now

I don’t want any food

No dinner for me please Mummy

As I finish this ear, on my bunny

Dads face

Oh he said I’m a disgrace

But he has that thing on his mouth

Mummy says it when she shouts

You know when she goes berserk

She calls it a smirk

She tells Daddy to remove it

Oh I’m in trouble when they find out

I didn’t even leave my Sister

A tiny little bit

Oh but it was so yummy

But my tummy

It’s sore

Oh dear,

Now they have seen the white door

When is it Easter Again?

I want more

COPYRIGHT FIONA CUMMINGS 2015

No comments: