translate

Friday 10 April 2015

THIS IS HOW I FEEL BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THIS IS HOW  I FEEL

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

There is no forgiveness

The treatment is horrendous

Shadows cause me blindness

The trust has long gone

I thought I couldn’t carry on

You broke my heart, and damaged my soul

Said we’d never part, now I’m on my own

Your words of sugar were sickly sweet

As you once swept me off my feet

Just so you could drop me down

Crumbling, crashing to the ground

A dream come true in you I’d found

How wrong was I

No longer will I try

Give your words, to another

Each day of the week, a new lover

They too will learn

Their fingers will burn

Their hearts will bleed

Their pain you will feed

Their tears will be your fuel

No more will I, be a fool

Enough from you

 What more can I do

Or should I say what more do I want to do?

Answer?

You chancer

Nothing, that’s true

I’m a better person than you

You can’t be loyal

In fact you are evil

Treat people like they are Royal

Then rip them from the thrown

Your lies I’m through with

Don’t listen to you moan

I’m free from you

No longer do I love you

In fact I absolutely despise you

I gave you the world

Treat you like gold

But I wasn’t good enough for you

I don’t think anyone will be

Thank you though for setting me free

I’m not tied to you now

You don’t belong to me

So go as far away as possible

Infect new dreamy eyes

Remove their blind fold too

The day they fall in love with you

I am better than you

I am stronger now

Happy in my new zone

When you wake up an old man

All alone

I may knock on your door

And show you my smile

Then once again

Between us

A sunny mile

No fuss

No longer in pain

For I will never truss

Anyone again

From now I am me

And so free

Whereas you are trapped

For you can’t make up your mind

I, can

Happiness again I will find

Whereas you are in a forever jail

Behind a cage

Full of rage

Your summers are full of hail

My heart will mend

I don’t need to pretend

My life is real

This is how I feel

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: