translate

Monday 13 April 2015

A DREAM COME TRUE


A very busy day I am exhausted with emotion. My brother sister in law and three great Nieces and Nephew came. Among the toy wooden farm, were the three little bodies playing happily, whilst I listened to them with pride, though I had shattered nerves for my Son, as he was to take his driving test today. I’m glad my family came as really I would have been so anxious. Anyway, we wished Teen good luck and off we went to lunch. It was a delight, my babies walked with me and three hands were required. All three of my little ones wanted Aunty Fiji’s hand and attention. Little did they know that I didn’t have Waggatail or my faithful Michael Cane? Haha. So my babies were being my eyes, oh well the eldest stopped suddenly, I wondered why? I put my foot forward to feel for the kerb as obviously we must have stopped for the road? Em, to the delight of my Nieces, they were about to walk me into the shrubbery. They did laugh. But I tell you it only took a few moments, before they were telling me when there were steps and my eldest Niece, she did the sweetest thing. She told me she would go to the left, so that she went up the step and I could use the ramp, bless. Her.

 

They both showed me their lovely dresses they chose to come to visit me.

 

Well, we had a lovely meal, my heart was warm and yet I was with my Son in spirit as he was at his driving test.

 

Oh I hoped so much he would pass today? He was due back just before three. We were all back home after my Brother treat me to lunch and waited for Teen to come back. Little ones were playing with a wooden farm I bought them and we had a concert from the girls. From the musical Frozen. Hubs piano got a lot of attention too from the girls and the little man.

 

Every car I heard passing by, I thought was teen. Then at last he came in. My heart skipped a beat. I was sure he would be in a heck of a mood as he has paid out a lot of money for his lessons. All of his friends have passed too.

 

Really, I don’t think I was as anxious when I was about to give birth.

 

This was the day when I used to dream about the day my Son took his driving test, meant his eyes were good enough to do such a thing.

 

Thank Goodness my sister in law kept me smiling, her humour is so lovely. My mind was prevented from possibly painfully exploding.

 

As teen came through the door. My sister in law said with joy, “He’s passed”

 Really? Teen then confirmed it.

Few, double few

Oh I was so happy. It was almost like having a head ache, taking a pill for it and knowing the pain should go but it didn’t.

 

Kind of a slow relief.

 

Oh it was wonderful for my Son to share his great news with his Aunty and Uncle, who is also his God Father. Oh I’m still buzzing.

 

His Aunty gave him  some money, that was so kind of her and like a well brought up boy, he tried to refuse it, I’m so happy he is like that, doesn’t expect things on  a plate.

 

Now I’m sure you will all be reading in weeks to come how nervous I am as he goes out in his car on his own, but we did it today and I know it helped that my friend and her family spent last Thursday with him driving.

 

His driving instructor was the worst, and had the cheek to get him to write a short synopsis about how good she was as a driving instructor  he got his photograph next to her car for publicity for her. What a cheek.

 

Anyway, Congratulations to my baby

 

With love.

A happy Fifi Blogget

No comments: