translate

Friday 24 April 2015

colours for mum by fiona cummings


COLOURS FOR MUM

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Every day of my life, I’ve spent with you

Each day I say words so true

How much you mean to me, with you I’m complete

But I had to walk away

Lifted from my feet

In such shock

You were my rock

With painful things you had to say

I felt so let down

My heart was crushed as I fell to the ground

Looking all around

Life is a miss without you by my side

How could you do this

The tears I have cried

Do you know it’s you I miss?

Each day I awake

With this ache

Has it all been a mistake?

If only I understood

Why you did what you did

You are the one person in the world I trust

An yet your decision was a must

No matter how old I am

I will always be a little girl

You my Mam

But now we have this separation

 I’m in absolute desperation

I don’t want years to go by

Without you close to me

Or that would be a waste of time

Can’t you see?

I want your hand in mine

For you I have always cared

Everything I have owned, I have shared

But you betrayed me

The one person I never wanted to lose, has set me free

Am I no longer in your heart?

Does it hurt you now we are apart?

If you leave this land

Without wrapping your arms around me one more time

If you can’t or won’t understand

The pain I’m in because no longer I feel you’re mine

And you fly with the angels

I will feel forever guilt

Is it milk spilt

Too late to make up

Is this a half empty cup?

Can we make it half full again?

I used to pick you up for a ride

We would be like glue

Why? Because I love you

Then it all had to change

Redness with rage

Black with grief

I’m spending each hour

In disbelief

Orange was the colour of warmth between us

Now it’s blue with so much fuss

Sunshine yellow

So calm and mellow

Is dirty brown

My world is upside down

Can we step back in time please

Lift me from my knees?

Let this nightmare end

Give me back my Mum, my friend

 

 

To a dear friend. You know who you are?

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

 

 

 

No comments: