translate

Saturday 11 April 2015

THUGS IN TOWN


Oh my word what an amazing day. Sitting here now I’m so excited to write and tell you all of my day. After a sleepless night, as our Son is away for a couple of nights with friends, I at last, at three this morning found out he was well and happy. Spoke to him today and all well. He had a great night with his friends loved it and that makes my heart dance. He’s back tomorrow evening.

 

So the wind howled the rain lashed down and we had to go to town. After a leisurely breakfast, the rain stopped and the sun threatened to go for its hat. I decided to take my Waggatail to the town, to give her more work to do. Hmm. Well, when I got her, I was told she wasn’t a town girl; she was just for pottering around the local shops. But to be honest, I felt like she can do little more now. Unlike my Husbands dog, she won’t ever be a city girl, but we were going to one shop, and it’s not too far from where we get off. Just to walk along the main road, cross at the buttons left then right then to the second crossing, that is a bit challenging as it’s a narrow path and there are always loads of people ready to cross there so we can never get to the button as it’s a feely button, not one that makes a sound, just one that you feel underneath and it goes around when it’s time to cross. That is for the deaf and blind. Because it’s so close to the other beeping button, there can’t be two, because that would confuse people.

 

Across that road, left and then a steady right then the fun of finding the right shop. Well, we did it, and I walked in looking like a yeti.

 

My long hair was everywhere. I joked with the girl in the shop, telling her I had brushed my hair, honestly. Seriously, I looked like cousin it.

 

Anyway, my very brave Husband went off to shop. Oh of all the days to take poor Waggs to town. There was a football match on and my word. Thugs. Something we don’t see in our city. Our city is normally a friendly family kind of place. Not today, they were clapping hands, singing songs, stinking of beer, shouting obscenities at the other team, I don’t know who they were but Hub is listening to the radio to find out. They were simply awful.  And threatening. Poor Waggs wasn’t very impressed. I thought, of all the blooming times to bring her, this happens. Anyway the man in the shop was lovely and so helpful. As camp as Christmas and I loved him. He was French too so the accent was wonderful as he took me through products. Today was his first day in that shop and bless him, he was so nice. I paid for my items and waited outside for Hub to come back. Waggs got out of the shop so good.

 

Ten minutes later, Hub came and he asked if I wanted to go for a coffee. I said no way, as the thugs came back up the street, this time three lots of them. And people were selling those awful whistles that do animal sounds. Then there were squeaky toys, not sure what they were but Wagga wanted one. So many distractions. A market stalls selling fish, and travellers with suitcases. Queues outside of Betties Tea rooms and tall silly voices, so I presumed clowns on stilts, may have been just very tall people, but because of their height and silly voices, I guess they were clowns. They were giving away balloons to intrigued children who did not really want a balloon, but wanted to interact with Long Chops and Waggatail. Not good when they are working.

 

Anyway the smell of the coffee shop was inviting. In we went and then the game of guess where the back of the line is and then guess when it’s our turn to be served. As mice serve you. With the quietest voices. Among the clatter of the cups and saucers and coffee machines and sheer volume of people. Fans blowing the fumes of coffee beans in the air were lovely.

 

At last it was our turn. I ordered what I wanted. This is something I still find difficult. And Hub does it so well and at ease, but won’t. He makes me do it; he would stand still saying nothing, so I have to order. Why do I not like doing this? I always hate it if I think it’s my turn and it’s not and I put in an order, or just talk to someone not there.

 

Hub doesn’t care if he makes a tool of himself. Haha.

 

 Anyway, found a table without knocking anyone’s cake to the floor and enjoyed a coffee whilst our dogs were wonderful under the table.

 

Then the long walk back to the bus stop. As it’s further than the one where we get off. Oh you will never believe what we came across?

 

Hub only learned of it when he walked through loads of smashed glass. Obviously broken bottles. Oh my word. Poor LC walked through some. Then tried to go off the kerb but it was onto the main road so Hub was kind of stuck what to do and there was no way I was going to walk through that. I put my foot out to see if there was a gap, no, and there had to be about five or more broken bottles. Absolute skum bags. Really.

 

A very kind lady took my hand and guided me around the glass. Well, a five minute wait for the bus, I was worried about LC’s feet, but she seemed happy. When we got home we inspected her and bathed them in salted water and she is happy running around the garden as I write this. Hub is playing with them outside.

 

So home with lots of goodies. Nuts, fruit, seeds, banana chips and Goji berries. Yummy.  Oh and my clever Husband went to the baker too for my delicious pastries. Oh a fantastic day. I still find what we do a miracle. How on earth do we do this?

 

Happy dogs, happy Mummy and Daddy. Laters

   

No comments: