translate

Thursday 2 April 2015

SLEEPING ON THE JOB


It’s half two in the morning. I can’t sleep so it’s no good pretending. My boy is out having a great time and I am so excited for him. Not sure what time he will be in, but you can guarantee it will be when I’m just falling asleep. I will get the fright of my life as the doorbell goes, our LC barks down the house, I will be convinced it’s the Police. Haha, I do the same every time.  

 

I’m not tire. I’m excited. Can’t really say why yet and I have been wrong about this before so I’m keeping hush about it, but it fills my heart with hope. So much so my fingers need to talk on here and my ears are listening to words that quite frankly I’m amazed you are interested in. My boring life stories, I guess because I’m a little like you in the respect it’s real. It’s every day. So you don’t feel alone.

 

My blogs can go from politics, to play in a flash. Just like my mind. It’s all over the place. Just out of the blue the other day I said to Hub. “I would like to buy an old folks home. A new one though, so I guess the better way of saying it would be a home for the elderly.”

 

He did his normal thing of an intake of breath. He does that a lot when I suggest things. Not sure why?

 

Kind of paused then deep breath, before asking why?

 

I said I would love beautiful surroundings with a cosy modern bright sunny home. Where old people feel young again. Where staff are so loving and kind and will treat the elderly with great dignity. Oh I had it all planned. I went on and on about the lay out and activities that I would offer the lovely people. 

 

I was inspired because of two reasons firstly I love old people. They are so amazing. They have lived and have stories to tell. They are mainly polite and caring.

 

Second reason my Husband was telling me about a wonderful man, who is two years away from one hundred. He and Hub were talking the other day and his story was so wonderful.

 

He was in the army. I can’t remember what he was but something high up in the ranks.

 

Of course Hub had his accent off to a T.

 

LC was visiting elderly people in this home. Oh Hub says she was stunning. There were people who were quite sprightly and she was wild with them, others who were a little fragile and she lay on the floor for them to tickle her and there were those who were in wheelchairs so she sat next to them. One lady couldn’t see so she put her head on the ladies lap to show contact. Dogs are beautiful.

 

I watched a video tonight, or I should say early hours in the morning. It showed a lady taking a dog to visit the grave of the dog’s owner. Oh the dog was in such stress and so obviously upset. I just didn’t see the point of putting the dog through that.

My Husband says I like to put my fingers into electric sockets. He means I love to watch painful videos. I don’t but when it’s in front of me I find it so difficult to not watch then I feel so upset for days if not forever. I get so hurt by others whether it is animals or human, getting hurt.

 

But I can’t not look. If it is something as sick as rape or involving children. I no way will watch, and though I love animals more than most people, I watch and then feel desperate. Though on the TV, I never watch wildlife programs. But online I watch these blooming awful animal and sometimes people videos. I am going to stop though. After tonight’s I really feel sick. Sick that someone would find it good to record the pain of this dog then put it on line.

 

That a side, oh a funny story or two. Well, we have a Cornish pastry shop in our city. SO Cornwell is in the UK you may know, though it’s typical English, with enormous pasties that are renowned for that part of the UK.

Well, it’s owned by an Indian man with a very heavy accent. Yesterday I phoned a Fish & Chip shop, who delivers. Now this is very rare. You can get Chinese food delivered, Indian and Italian, but never Fish & Chips.

 

Until I found one place. I called it and the delightfully cheerful lady on the other end of the phone, was clearly from India again. Now you know Fish & Chips are a typical English dish, right?

 

We for sure live in a multi-cultural society. When she told me the tale… Of the chips, they are cooked in beef dripping. No way can I eat them sadly, so I ordered some for Teen and Hub. When I came off the phone, hub told me I was crazy to not order for me and what good will it do me keeping away from the food I love. The food I have been looking forward to all week? Well, I almost weakend. But thankfully, I didn’t and in the end said to Hub I will make some. He said no way as we were going to have a relaxing day.

 

Turned out that I am going to get mine from our local Chinese restaurant. The boys can eat their chip shop ones.

 

Oh I bet I will regret that decision when they come and smell amazing.

 

The price of them? I can’t believe it. Well when I were a lass.. 22p was the price for a bag of chips. Fish was about £1.20.

 

 now? For two fish and chips. £13

And that is free delivery. I blooming hope so?

They, I hope will be lovely though. Oh teen said he wanted to make his own dinner tonight, well, he came in from fishing had a shower and came and made a baked potato. He had Tuna with it. I asked if he wanted some macaroni. “Yes please!” He replied. So he ended up having his slimming food, my food and an hour later, told me he was hungry. So I made him supper, well an early one as he went out at almost ten but had to get all done up in his finest clothes.

 

Gosh, this is the truth. I don’t know what I have written over the past two minutes. Seriously, I fell asleep and I knew my fingers were typing, but seriously didn’t have a clue what I wrote, so I guess that is my queue to go to bed? But I so want to talk to you all.

 

Still have to tell youth funny story about the taxi drivers who pick up Hub. Oh such characters.

 

I will soon, I promise. But now it’s getting dangerous, I really will publish and go to my slumber.

 

Oh I had so much to tell you as well and so much to write about but tomorrow is another day. Or should I say today, but later? Quarter to three in the morning. Sleep Bloggets if its night time and you are in your beds, Nighty nighty. Zzzz

No comments: