translate

Tuesday 7 April 2015

THREE WORDS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THREE WORDS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

You touched my heart

For you my lips did part

Your kiss, was like velvet

That time, I’ve no regret

Your fingertips were so gentle

Like an autumn breaze

You took me to my knees

Your words spoke

In a way I have never heard before

I sunk to the floor

In such shock and delight

In my darkness

You turned on the light

Saw my madness

And showed me how to fight

Your love was hypnotising

Your faith in me energising

My heart did dance

As you took a chance

Such a beautiful romance

I waited my whole life

To become your wife

Never thought in a million years

You would wipe away my tears

Get me through my fears

And teach me the way

Make me want to wake each day

Allow the pain to go away

Some years later

When you take my hand

You still have the power to show me your land

A place of solitude

And gratitude

A world full of joy

You mean the world to me

Now a man but when we met

You were a boy

We ran in the valley

And sang under the stars

I would play and do my hobby

But know you weren’t far

We would meet up in our break

And you would walk with me around the lake

A kiss without shame

It was more than a game

Only us and our maker

Knows why we had to part for so long

But we were reunited

And once again we sing our song

Our hearts beat as one

And together we stay strong

Never give up on your dreams

As ours for sure came true

I will be in love with my first love

Always and forever

These words are so true

No one can part us, not ever

For you ARE my lucky heather

My fortune of gold

My true love story I have told

The world knows how I feel for you

As does the sky so blue

The sun so warm

And the birds each dawn

 The deer in the meadows

And the whispering willows

For planned is our destiny

We were meant to be

Just you and me

I love you my harmony

My songster please sing to me

You belong to me

And I to you

Darling three words aren’t enough

I love you

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: