translate

Tuesday 21 April 2015

TO BE ABLE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


TO BE ABLE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

To paint upon your face, a smile

To feed you with energy, to walk a country mile

To hear your voice, just one more time

To feel your body, next to mine

To kiss your lips, with a gentle style

To take in your fragrance, for a little while

To wrap my arms, around your shoulders

To dream again of life, when we are older

But that was all taken away

On that dreaded November day

To be given one last chance, just to say

How much I love you, more each day

As you walked out of the door

I wanted to beg, come back for more

Just one more kiss

For you I already missed

To make you late

For that inevitable date

To hold your hand

To pull you close

To drink champagne

And give you a rose

I will never understand

Why life didn’t stop

Frees for a while

To have to dial

When you didn’t come home

To hear those words so vile

Your clothes sit in a pile

Your shoes at the door

I want you to wear them

Like you did before

We didn’t get to say goodbye

Why did you have to die?

To wake up from this nightmare

And you are laying there

It’s all been in my sleep

Words I can’t weep

Thoughts are too deep

As the morning breaks

It’s all a mistake

You are lying next to me

Is it truly you my eyes do see?

Is this your voice I do hear?

As I reach out to you, and pull you near

I thank my maker as I shake in fear

Never do I want to sleep again

For I will watch your every move

As it’s you my dear I so love

Cold sweat

Soaking wet

The devil made me sleep so deep

I, bet

But I’m awake now

As beads fall from my brow

Your perfect body breathing

I’m no longer grieving

I’m awake and have learned a lesson

I must treat you better, my darling blessing

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: