translate

Wednesday 15 April 2015

WITHOUT YOU BY FIONA CUMMINGS


WITHOUT YOU

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Without you is not an easy place to be

You know you mean the world to me

When you’re not by my side

You have no idea of the tears I cry

 How that word fills me with pain

One word you say over again

Goodbye

Inside I die

I hurt so much

How I long for your gentle touch

Your voice, what you say to me

But there’s no choice, I have to set you free

Hoping you will come back to me

So far you have

And shown me your love

Once again I laugh

And thank the Gods above

I just wish we could always be together

And our happiness would last forever

Hand in hand, our souls talk

Our hearts beat in time, as we walk

Your lips speak

As we dance cheek to cheek

Though the music plays our song

When you are not here, life has to carry on

It’s the simple things I miss

Not just your loving kiss

But your funny way

Which brightens my day

Your kindness

And manners of the finest

Transports me to the tower of the highest

You’re priceless

And you make my years timeless

You speak so much sense

When others are mindless

You come to my defence

From my tortured shape

When I feel there is no escape

My hand reaches out for you  

And if you are there

My troubles I share

But if I touch air

I panic in despair

Just to hear you breathing

To me that is relief

But if you are away

That to me is grief

I so wish you could stay

But you keep leaving

Turning my heart to thread

I swear it’s bleading

Just one word I dread

And that is goodbye

You are my life

An yet when you’re not here, inside I die

We are one soul

Apart, there is no control

We are in winter

The much needed coal

You remove the splinter

And as one we are whole

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: