translate

Wednesday 15 April 2015

THE VALLEYS OF HEAVEN AND HELL BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE VALLYES OF HEAVEN AND HELL

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Valleys part

The flowing rivers start

Life begins in my heart

The warmth from the sun

Life truly has begun

A fluffy floating cloud

So graceful without a sound

Flies by

In the new sky

A beautiful crimson butterfly

And among a floating marshmallow

Is a bird colours of blue and yellow

Valleys green

Bumble bees visit their queen

Baby lambs play in the field

Cows Graze

Under a leafy tree

This is a new world to me

Mountains high

Point to the sky

Where warmth is given by the sun of orange and gold

Where the earth races to hold

In the palm of its hand

Our new land

Where we will never understand

Why we were given such a gift

This morning I have a lift

From angels I have never met

From silver raindrops so delightfully wet

My morning view

Of sky so blue

Oceans of salted turquoise

Oh such wonders, such joys

Without noise

Just beautiful sounds

All around

Birds sing their morning song

This is where I belong

How did I get here?

I’m without fear

An yet there are no others like me

I can see

 And hear as well as walk

My voice, can I talk?

Yes I can 

But it’s not a voice I know

I can hear it echo

I don’t understand

What is this land?

Valleys below

Tipped with snow

Did I climb up here?

If so when

In the far

I see a hen

Laying eggs of gold

The breaze blows

An yet I don’t feel cold

Petals float from a rose

It’s a different kind of air

There are no wires

No tires

No smug

A deep green leaf

Entertains a ladybug

There is no grief

No pain

Carpets of love protect me from falling

Canopies shelter me from rain

The sun doesn’t burn

Am I here to learn?

If so I will be the best student

I will never be truant

My work shall be fluent

But who will teach me?

I guess just look around and see

Such wonders

No blunders

I never want to end my class

Who showed me this path?

I ask

As I look to the sky

A silver wing floats by

I reach up to touch it

I feel so fit

I can do anything

I pulled down the wing

Took a flight

Into the night

The bruised sky

Threw me high

Oh why?

Why did I want more?

Through this flaky door

Into amber flames

This isn’t funny

Not wanting to play these games

 Stood before me

Failing sight I see

A creature in red

Wanting me dead

Black is the day

Fear is the night

Life full of fright

Please take me back

Away from black

To that world so beautiful

Where I would be dutiful

Never would I ask for more

Please guide me through that evil door

Where are my angels

Where have they gone?

Allow me another chance

To hear that bird song?

 

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: