translate

Friday 3 April 2015

GOOD FRIDAY DIARY


Happy Good Friday Bloggets. Well, I told teen today he wasn’t allowed his bacon sandwich for his breakfast as its Good Friday. Oh he was not impressed. He said he wasn’t religious. I told him it was tradition and there was plenty of food without a face to eat. Oh we had a moment, but he settled with a meatless breakfast. After we talked about how it’s important to keep some family traditions alive, I said even when I ate meat; I never ate it on Good Friday. That began the debate about the future of society. I said that is why respect is dying and in so many cases, is dead.

 

I asked him how he would feel if his children laughed at the thought of no Halloween, or Christmas. I told him it was all about learning to wait. As when my brother and I were children, we were not allowed our Easter eggs until Easter Sunday. That really pained me. I was a little more relaxed with my Son and let him eat his on the Good Friday. But I said how would he feel if his kids wanted and got Easter eggs in January? I mean, they sell them in the shops now just after Christmas. It’s so wrong.

 

Really trying to keep some kind of respect is as difficult as kids just don’t get it.

 

Well, we got to lunch time, he asked what he could eat, and I gave him a big list. Next thing I know, he’s making a ham sandwich. There were some words exchanged and it got wrapped up and put in the fridge.  Then dinner time came and Hub went for my chips to our local restaurant where they cook the chips in vegetable oil. Just as he arrived home, the small car pulled up with a delivery of Fish Cod, and Chips with mushy peas for the boys. I can’t sadly eat them as they are cooked in beef dripping. I mean, really? So a day when we are not to eat meat and our fish and chips are cooked in beef?

 

Oh as the paper was unwrapped from the hot food, I so badly wanted to eat theirs. Mine normally are lovely from our local shop, but they tasted like paper today as my nose told me the boys had much better.

 

We all sat around the table with cups of tea and a great chat about how the world began. Our theories and so on. We went in depth about ants taking over the planet. A book my Husband read. Really, I may write a blog on that sometime as it’s really really interesting. And could happen.

 

You may laugh at that, unless you read the facts on ants, I promise it will shock you.

 

Oh teen got very scientific and sounded so intelligent. Along with Hub I just loved their brains.

 

We do get into some fantastic conversations that exercise my brain….

Teen was a good lad and tidied up afterwards. A nice day, with my family, one thing I was saddened by, the TV. Easter used to be a great time for TV, but so far there has been nothing at all on to represent Easter.

 

Tonight, we have recorded shows to watch and chocolate time.

 

My daffodils are open and looking beautiful. Outside it’s cold raining too.

 Inside my heart I’m at peace. Last night was a lovely time as I knew my Son was very happy. He stayed out till the early hours of the morning. He came home by taxi and was not one per cent drunk this made me proud.

 

He had a great night with so many friends. Just how it should be.

 

Long may it last? I’m sure his gf is having a ball. She is somewhere in the world, I don’t know where, and I don’t care. When she is away, my Son is a much happier person. And I know she will be too as it’s her choice every time to leave in the holidays.

 

My brother is on holiday with my Sister in law. It’s her birthday tomorrow. I am seeing them next week I think. The week after, I’m off to see Trix. My darling little school pal.

 

Tomorrow too, we are going to battle the town. Scary stuff. I think we are mad. As I always say, I am amazed how we get back. How can it be? Two total blind people it’s crazy and beyond my knowledge of comprehension. I couldn’t do it without my Husband and he couldn’t do it without his wonder dog Long Chops. She is getting old now, and I think will have to retire this year. This will kill us. We will never get such an amazing dog. If we do, we will be blessed.

 

Let’s see how she does tomorrow? Listening out for her paws will be difficult. As our city will be full of tourists. But we don’t have too much to do, about three stops. Hair dressers, Nut centre and bank.

 

Did I tell you Hub has lost so much more weight? I can feel bone now. I don’t know how I feel about that. Seriously, you need an ex-ray to know I have any of those.

 

OK. Going now to do some rowing as my leg is a bit better after the blooming fall. Must try to get some Chips away from my hips. With love. X

No comments: