translate

Monday 27 April 2015

LOOK THROUGH MY EYES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


LOOK THROUGH MY EYES

BY FIONA CUMMINGS  

 Look through my eyes

There’s no disguise

Not one single surprise

Look through my eyes

 From my point of view

No sunsets

No pretty view

Regrets?

I have a few

That’s how the old song goes, right?

For one day and night

Take my lack of sight

See how much it changes your life

Simply pour from a boiling kettle

Cut your leg on sharp metal

Sting from the prickly nettle

Have headaches

Bruises and breaks

Sunshine?

Not for me

For these eyes of mine don’t see

A pretty bluebell?

Yes I have smell

But just to see for me

Would take me out of hell

To walk free

And go wherever

To know others are not ashamed of you

And will love you forever

If only I could see

It would mean freedom for me

To leave the four walls at whatever time

What have I done to stay in this prison?

Committed a crime?

Just for a moment listen?

 

To look through my eyes

Just for a short while

See how I paint on my smile?

Simple things in life

To you, give me such strife

To look in the mirror, before I go out

Is so frustrating I just want to shout

What do I look like?

Old young?

Why have my eyes

Deprived me from fun?

Waving my fingers in front of me

Trying my best to see

Even a shadow?

Would mean the world to me

My child’s beautiful face was stolen

When he was just born

Now he’s an adult, what does he look like?

I’m so torn

I wish you could see like me

Just for a day and night

You would see a world full of shivering fright

Open your eyes turn on the light

There would be no difference

From sunset to dusk

Difficult to judge distance

Always feeling like you are a hindrance

Hating your every existence

Pain is a must

Feeling alone

No one is in

When you pick up the phone

Not knowing the time

Can’t see the clock

Can’t turn the heating on

Or off when it’s hot

Hearing laughter outside

But they don’t hear you crying

Seeing your smile

But don’t know you feel like dying

Turn on the TV

It’s much of nothing to me

Put the radio on

It’s full of where to go for the day

Wishing the nightmare would go away

Pick up a book

What for?

Trying to cook

Can’t see the numbers on the dials

Washing clothes?

Gardening, thorn from the rose

Getting lost somewhere you knew so well

Get me out of this garden of hell

A place I found so peaceful

Tranquil and beautiful

Now blades slice through

Where flowers once grew

Friends who were never away

Are suddenly busy every day

 

Just see through my eyes

For one single day

At least you will see again

Say goodbye to the pain

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

 

No comments: