translate

Thursday 16 April 2015

DIARY OF SIMPLY LIFE


Well, last night was difficult. I so miss my Husband and can’t wait until he is home. He will be in about seven thirty tonight. I hope our Son will do the silly recycling bins. You see they are marked in print and Braille. Hmm. Obviously I can’t see print, and read poor Braille, I guess I could have a go for the first time. It’s kind of principle. It’s a man’s job. OK sexist, as is the woman in this house does the dusting and everything to make the house a home. I don’t mind that, so they shouldn’t mind doing the bins, right?

 

Our last house was great as we had one large bin and everything went in it. This house we have three or four not even too sure on how many! One for paper one for plastic a glass one and I guess a tin one? Never done the bins since I moved here. As I say, it’s a job for the boys. Now they have this thing going on. Well, Hub thinks teen should at least do that as he does nothing around the house. Sometimes about once a fortnight, he will vacuum. And he looks after his own bedroom. But nothing in the house and if I ask him to do anything, even give the canary water, he says I’m nagging.

 

Then teen thinks Hub should do the bins. Why? What is his excuse? I guess lazy itis

 

My friend came for coffee and a chat today but very quick chat. Just over an hour. I don’t think we have ever just done such a short time. I guess she is busy as she is still getting her extension. 

 

Or was it something I said? Smile.

 

Still waiting for my gardeners. Really, where are they? I am going to give it until tomorrow and call them, as it has been a week since they first came to look. I guess it’s because the job is small. They said two hours. Did I tell you how much they charge? I almost fainted. £40 per hour. I guess that includes taking away the rubbish though and two hours, if we got a local guy to do it, he may charge £15 per hour, but take five hours and not take the garden rubbish away. We can’t get rid of it, so I thought it was a good thing that these guys would.

 

They seem really nice; I just hope they will come back. It’s a flipping nightmare to get anyone to do any work and it’s not like we don’t pay or not as though they charge a small amount of money? We pay whatever they ask for. And I don’t mind so much though it does hurt me to think we have to be robbed like this because we can’t see.

 

If we could see, we could do this ourselves. There is no care anymore they wouldn’t think we will charge her less, amount as she has no choice. I just wish they would come and get on with it, my lovely spring flowers are blinded by weeds. There is no colour in my garden and we spent a fortune last year and the year before, again, I told you about one gardener that we had who charged a crazy amount of money to plant daffodils. Three times the amount for them than they were to buy. But you know the old saying? Beggars can’t be choosers.

 

Again, my ex was the best gardener and never overcharged anyone and I’m sure still doesn’t, if only he knew  his worth. As far as gardening is concerned.

Not long now before we go to see our friends Trix, Like and Hans. Oh and Fish & Chips for our lunch. Well chips and I hope a cheese savoury for me. But if I just get chips, they are so delicious that will do me fine.

 

The meal I had with my family the other day was really lovely. It’s our local pub. Sadly it’s across a nightmare of a road. If I lived across the road, we could get to a big supermarket, the pet shop, furniture shop, Cinema bowling alley restaurants pubs and more, but if we lived across that horrid road, we would be on the wrong side for the Chemist and Doctors. And small grocery shop and of course our lovely Louis restaurant.

 

So nothing is perfect.

 

And my extensive stomach would burst if I lived next to the choice of eateries we have here.

 

Two loads of washing in, one in drier. Kitchen cleaned as is conservatory. No ironing in the basket and down stairs loo cleaned. Have to do floors and then think about dinner. I think I’m doing chicken and chips for the boys with salad. Hub won’t be eaten until late. For me? Baked potatoes with what? Not sure. I guess I could join the boys and have salad. I do love salad, unless I’m out, then it’s a challenge. As I never know what is on my plate, so don’t know what I am picking up until it makes that sound you don’t want to hear when out in company. And you relies you have dropped from your fork the thing you have been trying to catch for the past few moments. Stabbing as delicately as you can hope that crunch was a radish and not the porcelain. Hoping that the air like thing on your fork is something light, like lettuce and not an empty fork?  Hoping that the dressing that is on your salad doesn’t end up dressing you?

 

So I do try to avoid salad when out.

 

My right eye today feels as though the lens has been removed. My eye truly feels as though it did when I had my cataract operation done. Sand under my lid and glass cutting my eyeball but no lens on the eye. My left eye is tight. That is the only way I can describe it. But not really in pain, nothing I can’t handle. Mind you when I do get pains, what choice do I have other than handle the situation.

 

Must write to my friends in Mexico today, not heard from them for a few days. I do worry about them. I wish we lived closer.

 

My dogs today are very quiet. Out with Wagga later so I think LC will have the lip on. She won’t be happy.

 

Teen left for college today. Don’t know if he has gotten there safely. He hasn’t let me know, but you know what? I am tired of stressing. So if he disrespects me so much that he won’t let me know he is OK, then so be it. 

 

He has been to see his Father and the other side. His Father was good to him. And Teen looks out for him. He has the best of both worlds I guess he has a father in my ex and a Dad in my now and forever Husband.

It’s really funny because my ex and my Husband don’t’ read my blogs, hahahaah. But my ex’s hopeless family do read them. And report everything back to him. Well, my ex knows what they are like and takes no notice and if I am entertaining them I’m glad. Though I am surprised that one person who reads this page is able to do so as there are no pictures!

 

 Teen had a good day with his Father though and again I’m pleased the old man is doing well and seems to be happy. See, I told him he would be better off without me? Seriously though, I wish him well. And I’m glad that he and teen are OK now. Though sometimes I do wish certain influences were not put onto teen. But I guess one thing; he sees all kinds of life so this is a good example for a learning kerb.

 

Gosh, my ex and I would have been married almost thirty years if we were still together.  Did I tell you I was too young to marry and it was all illegal? Hehehe.

 

OK. Must dash more work and a couple of phone calls, oh before I go, must tell you this. Teen got a phone call yesterday to talk about a claim for an accident he had in his car. Well, teen said that he hasn’t been in one and they put the phone down but they tried to call him up to ten times before he actually answered.

He hasn’t yet been out in it, or I would be worried.

 

It’s like the call I got to thank me for the huge amount of money that I gave to this charity. I hadn’t given a penny.

 

The scary thing is, they know our name and number. How why? I guess you can’t trust on line forms as far as they will reach.

 

OK laters with love. X

No comments: