translate

Wednesday 29 April 2015

FLUSHED


As blind and partially sighted people, we do have moments of great embarrassment shame and totally humiliating, but some time later, we can laugh about it.

 

Me trying to dry my hands in public toilets not in a hand drier, though that is what I first thought it was, but after banging it to fix it, as that’s how you fix everything,

 Right?

 After calling the machine in front of other ladies, only to find out I was trying to dry my hands under a sanitary towel machine.

 

In public toilets again, I once pulled the toilet roll I was horrified to find out that you had to get your paper outside where the sinks were and ladies putting on makeup? I also had never seen such a machine. It was huge.

 

Well, blush away, rather than flush away, but it was some kind of disposable plastic covering to put on the toilet seat for hygiene.

 

And another toilet moment, the door was open. To go into.  I went in as you would; only to lock the door, well try to as it wouldn’t lock. Anyway you know what it is like you have found a toilet, so use the blooming thing, right? Just keep your foot against the door. Well, in those days I didn’t have a dog or cane. So no one would know I was blind. As I turned to find the loo. I found a lady sitting there rather terrified.

 

That was an Oopsie moment. Or a poopsie moment.

 

Then with another blind friend. We needed the loo. So we had only enough money for one. So we said there was no one on the gate so we would just pay for one and the other would squeeze through. It was 20p too. Whatever happened to the expression to spend a penny?

 

Well, I went through. Then I tried to hold the gate for my friend. I pulled the bar with one hand and with the other, tried to pull her through, telling her to hurry, as the lady would be back from her break.

 

Only to hear the lady saying

“I’m not on my break.

 

And finally, nothing to do with sight loss. But to do with toilets. I was in America with my dear friends. The three of us all ladies went to the toilet. When we were in there, there was an old lady shouting down her mobile. Well, she was obviously a little hard of hearing. So she really shouted in the deepest voice. She was new-fangled with the mobile and kept saying over and over again. Not thinking we could hear I’m sure.

“Wan a buy me? Wan a buy me?

    Well, my friends and I were in our own toilet cubical, and we didn’t’ dare come out? We couldn’t face the lady, well; we at last, had to come out as our men were waiting, obviously so was hers? Haha haha

Question is, who was buying her and how much for?

 

 

No comments: