translate

Friday 1 May 2015

HOW YOU CAN FEEL BETTER


Good day. Looking at our Bloggets who have joined us today, the first ten that have visited are Greece, UK, Austria, US, India, China, Bangladesh, Dominican Republic, Australia and Germany.

 

So, are you all smiling today? Well its national smile month. here are some fun facts for you all.

  1. It takes 43 muscles to frown, but only 17, to smile.
  2. Earrings, business cards, keys, letters, money, and tools are just some of the things we put in our mouths daily. Apparently. Not me that’s for sure. But I know of people who do this and the worst thing is when Pizza delivery people put your note in their mouth whilst they give you change? Hehehe. One thing I have always wondered, are you lazy if you use an electric toothbrush?

A smile is one of the most emotive and powerful things we can do.  Smiling shows confidence and has been proven to have a positive effect on our relationships, careers, and overall image. It’s so simple, an yet so many of us don’t do it?

 

When you smile, the world smiles back at you. Unless of course you can’t see them on the other side of the road? Well, that is when if you know someone can’t see, call their name, say who you are and they the person who can’t see will hear in your voice that you are smiling. And what a difference that will make to their day, believe me.

 

Smiling is a natural response. When you are there when a friend does or says something silly or embarrassing, you smirk. When a Policeman lets you off without a ticket, you grin. When your boss recognises you for your top performance, or when you are praised for your academics     you beam.

 

Smiling should be the most natural thing you can do without any effort. But, did you know that smiling triggers something off in your brain?  There’s a serious mind-body connection there in your left frontal cortex, no, not your corset, hahaha. That is to make something else look good.

 

How many times per day do you smile?

 When you meet new people? When you see a friend?   How about when you see your significant other half? You don’t smile? Oops. Haha.

 

Your face they say can make five thousand different expressions. Really? Hang on a mo Jo until I count mine. Make a coffee and come back after I’ve removed my shoes to count. Oh no, don’t have coffee, that will affect your white teeth. A cool glass of water, oh, and whilst you are there, give your teeth a brush? Hehehehehe.

 

Right, I got to about nine expressions, but the experts, say five thousand. So obviously, I need to get my facial muscles moving more, discovering how many I can do in one day, right? Do you think I will get some funny looks?

 

Smiling can make you happy, even when you’re not. Smiling is contagious well, Lewis Armstrong thought so.    

  Why are we asked to smile for photos? It’s said that we look better when we smile. Oh when I was a model, I was forever asked to smile and when I was in the press the same. But I hated my teeth as I have a gap at the front that a horse could trot through.. But that’s another tail…….

 

Your heart rate will slow down when you smile as even if you are not happy, your body tells yourself you are and anxiety will decrease. Now must try that one.

 

Smiling can lead to laughter. Have you ever laughed without smiling? Impossible, right?

 

Optimism and the power of positive thinking. Hmm. I must say I envy those who can do this. Optimism comes from the Latin word Optimus meaning best.  This describes how an optimist is always looking for the best in any situation.  Apparently a positive outlook on life strengthens the immune system.    Change your thoughts and change your life. So many people say to me that I’m so happy in life, really? I personally see myself as a pessimist. For years I blamed the bad things that happened to me in life, on myself!

 

  I want to think differently. And only I have the power now to do that. As do you.    Be ready when opportunity knocks. I love that. I totally agree with that. Do you?

 

I always tell people to do something different in their lives once a week. It could be the smallest thing. Write it down and keep looking back at your journals. I promise you it will do you the world of good and you don’t have to leave your house to do this.

 

So, smile. X

No comments: