translate

Friday 15 May 2015

DIARY OF COLD TIME


 It’s blooming freezing. Honestly it’s like mid-winter. Our heating is on and I feel like making a hot pot. I love winter food, do you?  I made the boys chicken and a healthy salad for dinner last night; I had the health without the poor chicken. I was full but now? Oh I could just eat some Fish & Chip shop chips?

 

Oh some good news, my Son decided to take his IPhone to the proper place to get it fixed. More money, but hopefully will be done.  Now just to remember to set my alarm to wake him up?  As his phone used to do that for him.  How we rely on our phones now. I mean, yesterday afternoon I panicked because I couldn’t find mine. I wanted to know the time. I do have thankfully a clock, but it did make me realise and this is something that you as sighted people won’t think of, but if the batteries had gone in my clock, I couldn’t find my phone with speech on it, how would I know the time? I can’t work our stupid TV. I can’t see the clocks, in fact I don’t have any now other than my two chiming ones. And they are never wound up. When I went blind that was the most difficult thing. Not to be able to see the time. My baby was still on bottles so needed to know when to feed him. I hadn’t been in the world of the blind for so many years, in fact part of me never was, and I had my dear blind friends when I was a child, but since the age of twelve, I was only with partially sighted and sighted. So things like a white cane and talking equipment, was a foreign language to me.  

 

If you can imagine your life now and not be able to tell the time? Think about it? Not knowing what time your partner was due home from work? Not knowing when it was time to collect the children from school? Not knowing how long your baby had been a sleep? When would it be time to feed your dog?  Not knowing the time to get up for work? How long would your day be at work without time? And not knowing the time or being able to see, when to put the lights on in the house? One of my neighbours still finds it odd, that we even bother using lights at all?  Why do we?

 One to make the house look normal, two to make it feel comfortable three to keep burglar Bill away and four, our Son can see as can our dogs. Why keep them in the dark?

 

So a life without time? Imagine it? When is your favourite TV program on? How long do you cook things for? Oh the list can go on. And believe me, my day’s way back when the nightmare began, did go on. And on and on.

 

My ex Husband worked so many hours and when he didn’t work, he played doing his sports, hiking or cycling whatever, meant long days for me and even night time, he took a job on that went on till two in the morning. Gosh those days were hell. I used to beg him not to work so many hours, but sadly, he did. One thing he isn’t is lazy.

 

OK, for now will go, if you are waking up, I hope your day will be sunny and kind. If you are going to sleep,

, lets hope you  will get some shut eye. Sleep well if you are about to slip into your slumber and dream away. It’s your personal Television, dreaming. Turn on your channel and I hope that station won’t go out of reception and you will get to see the ending of your happy movie.

 

Whatever you are doing now, enjoy your TIME

X

No comments: