translate

Monday 4 May 2015

THANK YOU PRINCESS CHARLOTTE


I think it’s so lovely the news about the new baby Princess. All our traditions have been happening in London. Hyde Park today had a military band playing “Isn’t she lovely” Then 42 gun shots too. Now why gun shots? Not sure. Also West minster Abbey rang the bells a peel of bells called “The Cambridge Royal surprise. Just wonderful traditions. The baby as I said in my last blog, is called Charlotte and that name in French, is Charles. So after Prince Charles? The Father of William and grandfather of the baby? Apparently not, the young couple said it was because they liked the name. Hmmm. Not sure about that? Then Elizabeth after our Queen and Dianna after Princess Dianna Williams Mother.

 

I only wished so much that Di could be here to see and hold her little Grand baby. More so, look at her wonderful Sons and be proud. They are fantastic young men. Work hard and are so kind and caring. Do so much for charity too.

 

I feel some kind of pride myself since this baby has come along. When Prince George was born, the first baby to William and Kate, I didn’t have this sense of pride, but for some reason, I feel blessed this week for the birth of our possible future queen, though queen Charlotte? Just doesn’t sound right, what do you think?

 

Not long now before our election in the UK. So who will be our next PM?  The currant PM? I really believe he will get in again and once again have a shared leadership. But this time with the dangerous man    Nigel Farage.  The leader of the UK independence party. (UKIP)

 

Where I live are all Conservative supporters. Me? Hmm. I’m not really, though I do like some of his policies. Though if I were to vote for them, my parents would haunt me. Hahaha.  Who am I going to vote for? Really no idea. They are all awful. Well, not UKIP that’s for sure. He is Hitler reincarnated.  

 

Boy wonder has returned from his wherever. Fed and bed. Don’t know where he has been; think I know who with so not at all interested in what he has been doing. Can’t stand it. She is pure poison for him. Evil and no way good enough for him. But his choice. So he has to live with it. I’m sure when she learns that he may not be a millionaire, she may change her mind towards wanting to marry him. Let’s hope so for his sake.

 

So with my house being complete again. A full house. Just our girls missing, but I know they are OK. So all OK here.

 

Not long now before my mad much loved Aunt will be visiting, as it’s her birthday next month. It’s our friends birthday in a couple of weeks too so must sort out their gifts and cards also arrange paying them a visit. Doubt teen will be coming with us, so Hub and I shall go on the train to see them.

 

Hub in a meeting tomorrow. Then work as normal. I have some work this week too and I hope to see my friend this week for coffee. I also hope our gardener will turn up. And I have an eye pain free week as last week was pretty bad.

 

At the weekend, Hub and I will attempt our town again. Will I take Wagga? I may try. I’m going to pay a visit to the hair dressers, so I could go there whilst Hub does the rest of the town with our wonder dog LC. I have never taken Waggs to the hairdressers before, how will she behave? Hmm. It’s a posh place so I hope she will lay still? I must say, I love to go, but the stress of the Waggatail, may knock that pleasure off. If my hair cut drops on her, rather than a Waggs, will she be a wigs?

 

 So it may come down to Michael Cane. Haha

 

Puppy walkers who get our dogs before us, it would be great if you could do things like hair dressers. You would have to keep the dog with you at all times though, never leave it tied up somewhere, as anyone could take it. 

 

It’s amazing how many people you know who are puppy walkers, I have met and they are surprised that we go to the theatre and cinema. When their reaction is as it is, I ask them to take the puppies places like that, as we are blind or partially sighted, but we have minds like them and like to do things that they do. Even things they may not like to do, if they could consider all walks of life? Like train travel, please, as when I first took my Wagga on a train, oh it was a nightmare. Hub had to pick her up and carry her on. She is fine now, but at the time? I mean, he can’t see so should look after himself. But no way was Waggs getting on that train. I’m not even sure she did much bus travel, and if you think about it, VIP’s can’t drive, so busses are the best option. Of course taxies are important to, and we have the dogs in the front with us. So the boot isn’t really going to benefit us.

 

Markets? A great place to take dogs. OK, I personally don’t do them, though I would love to, but I’m not brave enough though I do have a friend who does markets, and he is totally blind. Now then we don’t want our dogs to jump up at the stalls, so a great lesson for pups. Possibly sitting waiting in the swimming baths? I mean, I had to do that when my Son was little. So not to have the dogs freak out, or more so, not to want to take a dive? That would be rather helpful.

 

We are blessed that we have puppy walkers. They are great people too. They love the dogs. I used to think that they were hard people, I mean, how could they have a dog for a year, and then give them up? Well, I’m kind of pleased to say, since I have met some puppy walkers, they break their hearts when they have to pass them on to the next stage of training, but without their help, we couldn’t have the independence we have.  So though it’s so sad when they are upset, I really feel for them, I just hope they know their dogs are so loved. And so very much needed.

 

Anyone who can volunteer for guide dogs, in my opinion, is a hero. The charity is what it is, a charity. They get nothing from the Government. The staff are all brilliant, well, most of them, I have come across a few lazy ones but the majority are in it to make a difference to lives. Then there are the volunteers. They are so vital to make this all come together for us.

 

 To all of those people who are reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you from the lady who only gets out once per week to her local woman’s institute. For the man who gets out on a Sunday to church. His only way of being able to have any contact with members of public in his week. For the young Mums who without the help of their dogs, couldn’t take their children to school. I was that Mum at one time.

 

 Our kids suffer in many ways. They get teased at school about having blind parents. The teachers really treat the kids differently I’m sure of this. We as parents get treat differently to other parents, because of our lack of sight. So just to be able to give our children some kind of normality by being there at the school gates, waiting for them at the end of their day, helps them too. To attend school plays and assemblies. You know, be a parent!

 

 The man going on the train to work to earn for his family. The young student at college or University? My Husband went to a huge university, and without the help from his first guide dog, no way would he be able to have done that. The campus was enormous. Our dogs are like your legs. Almost like your eyes. They work for us and we in return, love them. Praise them and with the help of guide dogs staff and volunteers, the dogs have a very healthy life. Our dogs make this possible. The volunteers make our dogs possible. And kind donations, allow it all to happen.

 

If people knew how much money guide dogs pay per year on food alone? Not to mention vet bills? And that is before any training. They say its £50,000 in a dog’s life time. Well, where does that money come from?

Answer, kindness.

 

OK. I will say night night for now, when it’s your turn to sleep, have a good one. Be lucky if you are safe in your bed. There are so many who are not.


 

With love until tomorrow. X

No comments: