translate

Friday 29 May 2015

PERFECT PAWS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


PERFECT PAWS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Such perfect paws

Born for a cause

Loving eyes which I, don’t see

Though I’m told, you look up to me

Just waiting, for the next command

My voice or a wave of my hand

Out into the big world

Worth more than pure gold

You make a statement so bold

How do you do this my pretty paws?

With you next to me I’m never alone

I wonder if you know you were the chosen one.

For me you open doors

Stop at steps and wait at the roadside

How hard you work I’m full of pride

My needs for me you try

Waiting patiently whilst I buy

Hurrying to catch a bus

Never making a fuss

Without your help I wouldn’t leave these four walls

A blow of the whistle you know your recall

 Streight to my heal

Your nose nudges me so I can feel

My faithful

So beautiful

Wonderful

Because of you

I have a view

Of a world as normal as it can be

I wonder do you know, for me you see.

 What’s in front of me?

By my side, and far a head

A long day now, it’s time for bed

But first a hug

As I tuck you in on your rug

A pat to say how I’m so grateful

For you do this for me and in return

All you ask of me is love

In your little life you have had to learn

So much more than dogs who don’t guide

In comparison to you they may have an easy ride

 Though you are fed the best

Better than all the rest

 But are you aware of this?

Oh my little darling without you, so much I would miss

A chat with the postman

Who makes me laugh?

I would be stationed at my desk

But because of you I talk with the staff

I’m seen as more normal if you like

I can go to places at night

Experience culture

The theatre

The cinema

And the weekends

Spending times with friends

You make this possible

A visit to the hospital

Where you are so well behaved

But you love to play when you are not on duty

And you are such a little cutie

Sometimes naughty

But how can I tell you off

When your days are spent working so hard

My shining star

You and I have come so far

I want to tell you how much I care

And to the world I wish to share

To tell all of my respect for you

And all who work hard for your training

Little pitta paws I love you

So with few words remaining

I thank you from the bottom of my heart

Like hand in glove we are

I knew this from the start

Your paw print printed in my heart

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings  2015

No comments: