translate

Wednesday 13 May 2015

FEED THEM TO THE SHARKS


 Hi, well, Teen didn’t see it!

 He was meant to be going tonight to a concert. Sadly was let down, so now has tickets but all of his friends either don’t have money for train ticket, or don’t like who he would have been seeing or, are working. So my boy came home and off we went to pick up Hubs suits. Before hand, we went for lunch to the coffee shop I love. We sat outside and really, it was so lovely. I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed it. That was the first time Teen and I have been out in his car where we could be Mother and Son and have a lovely time. So many people we passed told us how handsome teen was. Haha. I only hope they didn’t think he was my toy boy? The thought of that would turn his milk sour. His driving was OK. Just OK. But it was so hot we had to have the windows open. Well, I’m kind of deaf now. But his car is so comfortable. Though we do sound like we are travelling by military   AH-1 Cobra.

 

Anyway, got there and back safely and really enjoyed it. Hubs suits put away and the top that they asked cheeky things was it a dress? Stain? Sadly, still in. Shame. It was worn once only. I made the mistake of not putting on toothpaste. That helps with stains before putting in the wash.

 

Still sunny, our entire street is gardening. And Hub still out with Waggatail. Gosh, she must have behaved, or surely he would have brought her back? She’s like a child, you know when your kids go out, and you hope they are behaving? I was lucky my Son was such a good lad. Gosh. Where did I go wrong in the end? Though in fairness, today has been great. I wish he could show that maturity all of the time.

 

I’m making fresh fish today, with Mediterranean vegetables and sauté potatoes. Sounds posh for me must make up for it tomorrow, haha.

 

Oh must tell you about my blonde moment I had with teen?

So after coffee shop, we went to the butchers. I bought his favourite chicken breasts. Well, it was a pack of five for £4.99

I asked if I could use my card. He said yes, but because it’s less than ten pounds, he would charge me ten, and give me the £5.01 change. Silly me thinking I was saving him a job of all that transactions, I said, now wait for it?

“Oh, it’s OK. Tell you what, just give me another pack? Well, then feeling totally mortified as it still would be under a tenner, so he would still have to do transactions, which he did do and had to go through all of that and then give me 2p change? Oh well, at least I have some chicken for the freezer as that place is miles away for us, it may as well be. I told you the other day its two nightmarish busses and take at least an hour to get there and in the car it’s ten miles each way.

 

So what are you all doing today? Not much for me to do now, LC is flat out on the rug, sleeping. She looks exhausted. Yesterday was a long day for her and she had to do a lot of work as assistance at train station didn’t turn up. She was brilliant though. How we put our trust in our beastie girls is amazing. They are wonderful.

 

Do you know that Guide dogs organisation in the UK now don’t just deal with dogs and VIP’s. But do something called myguide. This is a sighted volunteer who will come to your home or place of your choice to be your eyes for an hour or so. If you are new at University and need to get help around the campus or have someone to read for you, the wonderful volunteers give their time for you. This is something you, could do if you can see enough to help out. What a difference you would make to people’s lives, they could take you shopping if you are on the list for a guide dog, or even if you are a white cane user, but need that bit of support or just company, also they do a lot of work with children. There is so much you could volunteer for. Again, it’s not advertised enough.  So I hope to get some fabulous people around the UK to pick up the phone and ask about volunteering. It’s not just about raising money. But raising that smile on someone’s face.

 

I really wonder if Guide dogs one day will take over the RNIB. As that organisation has had so much bad publicity from friends of mine of late. They have heads there who just seem to be bothered about how much they can raise. It’s a real shame as they were amazing some years ago. It’s also a little mad that the two organisations are both charities, an yet don’t work together even though they are both supposed to be there for the visually impaired. I guess its like cancer charities. You have so many now. All kinds of cancer and all different charities. It’s madness. Surely one big group. Cancer research should be for all cancers, right?  That would be the fair way.

 

OK, I’m getting too involved with politics now so shall move on to a lighter conversation.

 

I was just reading about one of our beaches in the UK. They are going to host a nudist day where by people on the beach can play darts….. And do Yoga?

Say whata’aht?

For real? Apparently. I mean, how disgusting. Those people should be held down in the ocean then fed to far away sharks.

 

OK. I’m off to brave my garden and tidy away the furniture that our lovely gardeners left all over the place. Wish me luck? Oh, and let’s hope I find my way back? Haha, I’m not joking it has been known for me to get lost in the garden. If you could see the size of it, you would realise what a pleb I am.

 

Later gators with love.

No comments: