translate

Tuesday 19 May 2015

NEWS & VIEWS


Good day Bloggets. It’s red hot. Yesterday I had the heating on all day. I don’t even do that in the winter. That’s how cold it was. Today, boiling. Sitting in my conservatory with the windows open. A beautiful day.

 

A late night as was talking to Mr. Clock until almost two this morning. Mr Clock also had to get up for work so I am sure he will be tired today as well. Mr. Clock is an old school friend of ours. But it’s me he talks to and boy he talks, so I have met my match as I love to exercise     my jawline.

 

We did laugh.  And after his call, it reminded me never to be even tempted to smoke. He is a chain smoker and his cough is dreadful. He is only a year older than Hub and I and he sounds about 65. But he is so funny. He is the person I have told you about before. He has loads of antiques in his house and most of them clocks and musical boxes. His house is like stepping back in time. His clocks are never wound up at the same time. So one strikes and a minute later the other then five minutes later the other grandfather clock then the Grandmother strikes. It’s so amusing by the time they all get over themselves; it’s time to strike again.

 

Before half eight this morning I had goodness knows how many messages by email and text. I have not had chance to answer anything so far and that includes a text from my best friend that I received yesterday.

 

Really looking forward to tomorrow as I am going out with my lovely friend. Can’t wait, just for a coffee, it’s rarely anything else. But she is my tonic.  

 

OK. This is funny, I have just come to sit outside, and now the wind has started. Oh my word. Where has this come from? Really it was unbearable in doors. It’s like days ago I put away my jumpers and we have had winter ever since. If I had stayed in, the sun would have kept smiling. Really sorry locals. If you planned a picnic today, I have just cursed it for you. Haha.

 

My goal. And even Mr. Clock yesterday said it would be impossible, now there’s confidence for you? Or me? I mean, unless it’s just he knows me too well. But, I have promised my boys that I am going to lose two stone in the next two months. Hmm. How? Not sure other than treadmill and for more than ten minutes. Stop eating so much bread and the cereal I have been really enjoying of late has to go as I can’t eat that kind without sugar. As for a diet, no I simply can’t. But I can walk faster on the mill and break into a run it does kill my asthma, and that is why I stopped, as I don’t take anything for it and I don’t want to. I can control it if I am careful, but sadly being careful doesn’t make you lose weight.

 

So today is day one of me trying?  I hope I will do this, for me and my boys. They are both really worried about me. Of course I have slim Jim Hub on my case and going for gold of a Son and his athletic frame.

 

So what hope do I have in the land of fatsos?

 

Yesterday for dinner I made the boys cheese and mushroom omelette with roasted vegetables. They loved it. I had some veg and a mushroom tart. Tonight? Hmm. Not sure but it will be around new potatoes and I love butter, but so far today, I haven’t had any bread. Bread is my absolute down fall with crisps. I think, and think with a capital T; I can leave crisps for a while. Bread? Hmm. I can try to cut down. I can’t just have one or two slices. It has to be four. I would rather not have any if I have to have two, but let’s see how I do with that?

 

If I do this, I will be so proud and happier. I am probably five stone over weight so 70lbs. Good job I’m tall or I would be like a walking garden wall.

 

I thought this time of year we weren’t to feed the birds? I was reading today that this was an important time to do such a thing as they are feeding their babies and young birds are struggling to find food on their own. So I guess it’s time for more fat balls?  Posed to a Fat Mama?

 

So what have I gathered today for you to read about?

 

A student was kept awake for a week because a parasite was burrowing through her eyeball.

Ketchup was used as a medicine for diarrhoea, in the 18th century. “Good grief, I didn’t want to know how? Or what they did with it?”

One fast food beef burger may contain meat from one hundred different cows.

 Milt, which is used all around the world, is a delicacy and did you know it is fish sperm?

“Yummy, must put that on me shopping list? What with that and the ketchup”

Coconut water can be used as blood plasma

“Remember I’m reading these details from the net, so don’t totally trust this information?

If improperly prepared, Fugu or puffer fish can kill you since it contains a toxin 1,200 times deadlier than cyanide.

I know this is true, as when my Husband went to Japan on one of his many trips with business, he was served this, after he had eaten it, they told him. Thankfully, his was obviously prepared in a correct manner.

Radishes are from the same family as cabbages. I never knew that? I would have had a guess at turnips, as that is what they taste of.

Teabags were created by accident as the tea was sent in little bags for samples. Wow, amazing.

There is an amusement park in Tokyo which serves ice cream made from raw horse flesh. Oh my word?

One of the most popular Pizza toppings in Brazil, are green peas. Really? Well some of our Bloggets come from there, so if this isn’t true, please let us know?

Apples pears and plums belong to the same family the rose family.

All this very useful information, I’m sure you will agree, comes from Buzz feed.

 

So what else is happening around the UK? Well, you know we have had our election?  So now most people in the UK believe that Scotland will become independent by 2025, The UK is getting smaller and smaller. An yet more popular with immigrants. It’s strange to think that we as Brits, can work anywhere in Europe, an yet our closest allies the US, don’t welcome us?

 

 From the net, Google news, we have headlines like this.

Killer nurse Victoria Chua (Sorry I’m sure that is not her correct name.) has been jailed for life with a minimum term of 35 years for murdering and poisoning patients at Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport

 

Prince Charles has arrived in Ireland at the start of a four-day visit that will include a meeting with Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams

“Personally I find this totally repugnant. Adams was a terrorist and now he is meeting and greeting with Royalty?.

Now for news around the world.

The Philippines has offered refuge to the thousands of migrants who have been stranded for months on boats after being repeatedly rejected and towed back to sea by Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia

“I don’t know what they have been eating and drinking to survive? Do you?

 

This worries me, I don’t like this story. FRISCO - Efforts to rebuild commercially important cod stocks off the west coast of Scotland have been hampered by hungry seals, scientists said.

So, what now, kill the poor things? I hate humans sometimes.

 

Well, not a breakthrough for blindness just yet, but it is on its way. Hang on there.

 

I shall go for now, I’m starting to feel so hungry. I must find some tomatoes. Really, this is day one. Gosh, a long way to go. I don’t want to be telling you I’m a failure again. My Husband is looking hot, I can’t have him having a frump, now can I? I keep telling him he has a leggy blue eyed blonde, I forget the width. Hehehe.

 

There will be a few poems this week to watch out for. Won’t say anymore until later much later. But for now, love and leave ya and remember there is one person in this world that cares. It’s me!

 

 

No comments: