translate

Thursday 7 May 2015

THE WEATHER DANCE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE WEATHER DANCE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Silver rain

Fallen against my window pane

Not again

Tears from heaven

When will the light for us mortals be given

Sun shine down to us I beckon

What have we done to deserve this lesson?

Are we sinners, is this a felon

Some would say a blessing

For without such droplets

Life wouldn’t continue

So skies so blue

Isn’t always a box of chocolates

This is so true

 Because plants wouldn’t bloom

We would all die

So give thanks to the moon

High in the sky

For tides are controlling

Whilst green hills are rolling

The master is the moon

The sun the maid

The rainbow the parade

The wind the slave

The thunder the communicator

War is the lightning

Can be so frightening

Though some think exciting

Fireworks in the sky

Do we need that?

If so why?

Late is the warmth this year

We have had winter Christmas cheer

 Cosy by the log fire

Spring chicks have been born

But still we aren’t warm?

Where is the sun?

So we can have fun

Heavy clouds race by

 In the silvery grey sky

 Winds are blowing

So cold as if snowing

Looking sad for themselves are flower petals

Ground level

Dominated by clayey soil and gravel

 Is this weather here to settle?

I hope not

I have almost forgot

What it’s like to be hot

I’ve even thought about doing a sun dance?

But I dare not take a chance

Or thunder shall complain

Down will come more rain

I will be chased by fork lightning

A sky war will start fighting

I don’t need that

I want my sun hat

To feel the rays

And blossom days

A smile upon my face

But I must wait

As we have no control of what goes on

I just hope it won’t be too late

I don’t want to wait long

For our summer sun

 

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015publish

No comments: