translate

Sunday 31 May 2015

DIARY OF AT LAST I CAN BREATHE


Good day. I’m cold. It’s bitter out there. Just got in from shopping with my Wagga. Oh it was so funny, I will tell you without I hope hearing too much from our kitchen. Hmm. There is drama in there and I will tell you more in a mo Jo, but right now, I’m keeping totally out of there. You know what they say; if you can’t stand the heat, keep out of the kitchen? Haha.

 

OK my morning so far was one of once again interrupted sleep. Firstly boy wonder went out again at his usual time of 11.pm. By the way, this is after he spent the whole day doing great things with his friends. I’m delighted to tell you all he is so very happy. The happiest I have ever seen him well for sure the happiest for two and a half years.

 

We had drawer gate. Yes Bloggets, we are still assembling the drawers. I should say Teen is. Six days we have had them and I must say, they do look rather complicated. They are really long and there are six drawers. Well there is wood from A to B of his room. They came with no instructions. When teen asked hub why they had no paperwork with them? Hubs reply was. “Well, can you read Chinese?”

 He has been spending on average half an hour every day as half an hour is the time he has spent in the house. Homework? Naha. Days left at college? Em, about 16 all together. How many modules? Fifteen. Will he get his grades? I hope so, but he is going to have to really buckle down. Buckle down, where does that expression come from?  Meaning is applying oneself to hard work. Origin? Buckle down was first logged in the American literary cultural magazine Atlantic monthly, 1865 and funnily enough, the quote was written

“If he would only buckle down to serious study” but, it also could have come from an English phrase, buckle too, from the 18th century, and from there 1712, was also written in the English story by John Arbuthnot “Squire South buckled too, to assist his friend Nic. The story was called John Bull in the law is a bottomless pit.

 

My boy is working today. He is doing a long shift. It’s funny; he even looks handsome going to work. And he works in a hardware shop. It’s perfect for him. He never spends more than a couple of hours at the same job. This keeps him happy as he can’t stand working on the same project for longer than a bird’s breath. Hence the drawers?

 

How do I know he looks handsome? Well one he is tall. Two his persona is one of cheer and gifted. Three he always smells so good. He takes longer to get ready than I do. All the smellies he wears. It’s funny hearing Hubs reaction. Hub shaves showers sprays and that is it. Teen, oh I almost went through his regime but I won’t bore you, let’s just say he has pride in himself. Only thing is he is getting to much muscle. I really really don’t like it at all. May look good, not sure about that, but to feel his muscles? As we are asked to do on a daily basis. It’s horrible. Yack double yack. I like toned people but teen is oh gosh, just so lumpy? He tells me what muscles they are that are sticking out. I’m as interested as a pig standing next to a giant frying pan some hot oil two bits of bread and a person grimacing with anticipation!

 Anyway, jog on. So up early as teen was at work so teen sup we are all up. Thankfully Hub slept through the home coming during the night. Teen text and my text as I’m sure you can imagine, isn’t quiet. So I got out of bed took the keys put on my dressing gown and went to open the door. Oh he was fine, not at all drunk. Thankfully. Then we had starving gate. He made a ham and cheese sandwich. Then started to put toast in the grill. Until I stopped him. I told him he was eating too much as he reached in the fridge for the cheese again for round I can’t remember of cheese that day. He is trying to eat dairy to build him up. I’m trying to keep or run a household and the huge block of cheese I just bought is half gone. Yesterday, he ate bacon sandwich for breakfast. Cereal too. He went out and ate fried chicken with a friend. Then came home and ate a massive amount of couscous with peppers onions and cheese. Then he ate a big dish of pasta with vegetables then more cereal and two bananas before he went out. Got home, ham and cheese sandwich a couple of biscuits and then tried for toast. As well as the horrible powder body building repair as they call it rubbish he mixes with milk. I mean, he must go through a couple of pints of milk per day to.

 

OK. He had a big breakfast today and took a big dish of porridge to eat in his break, with another two bananas. He has eaten three quarters of a loaf since yesterday, so about twelve slices. I don’t even eat that in four days. I shouldn’t even eat that in two weeks, but I’m bread mad. Though of late have been trying to cut down on it.

 

So I ordered the shopping this week on line and I did a very poor job. Forgot Hubs yogurts and milk for the family. So harnessed my little Wagga up and on our way we went.

 

Spoke to our friendly neighbours on the way there and back. Different ones. They as I have said before never let me pass without speaking, so lovely.

 

Well the wind blew so hard. The air was really cold. In fact nipping at my fingers. I wore a polo neck jumper. Yes, my jumpers have had to come back out. The trees though are growing and I slammed into two lots on the way to the shop. Wagga won’t guide me around them. Hubs Lc does.

 

Got to the shop, that awful lady told me to stand still again. And she went off to get what I needed. Two little children came up to me and the smallest one told me that she knew a guide dog but it died. I said the right things and then the older one told me she still knew a guide dog and it was dying. Hahahahaha. Oh I said to them, Gosh, I hope you are not cursing my dog? They didn’t get my humour. I hope it was blooming humour?

 

Well, paid by card got some money out and on our way we went. The road was busier than ever and the rain started only being prevented from lashing down because of the vast winds.

 

On my way back got the trees again so I stopped and snapped them I was so cross. Not the trees fault, they have more rights than I do, but the branches in summer develop thorns. Thorns rip at my skin and I have no clothes left with out damage.

 

Home safe a treat for Wagga and Hub took them both in the yard played with a toy tired them out and I groomed them.

 

Now, Hub is tending to his precious coffee machine. It’s an all singing all dancing machine. His pride and joy. It isn’t working right. He is moaning. Trying to fix it. I’m not going in there. So he is getting louder and louder as normally when he sounds in any kind of distress, I’m there quicker than you can say Jack Robinson. Today, I’m talking to you all.

 

I know for a fact he will be in here in a minute to ask if I will help him. Not that I am an engineer when it comes to fixing coffee machines. But I have more patients.

 

Our bird is singing his little heart out today.  He is really going for it.

 

OK. I must dash for now but glad to tell you that things in my life are slowing down and getting to a place where I can breathe.

 

Later gators. X

 

No comments: