translate

Wednesday 13 May 2015

PUPS ON CAMPUS


Good morning Bloggets. It’s really sunny in England today. Warm too. Well, for now. Really, our weather is so changeable. Yesterday was like an end of November day. Cold, so cold, damp and so incredibly windy.

 

Once again an early start for Hub, this time for a local radio interview. Back for a quick breakfast and on his way again, this time not with his Long Chops, as she is with me, but off harness only on leash, in the taxi to our local University. Remember last year I went? Well, this year, Hub on his own and needed an energetic dog. Well, he has one for sure with Waggatail. I hope so, anyway, it is a fund raising day with the lovely students. Last year our LC fell asleep. Haha haha. Well, the day is for the kids to chill and play with a dog, in the meanwhile raise money for Guide dogs. The most important thing I found last year was, they asked so many questions and were fixated on the answers. They were like sponges and I must say it was amazing to get such wonderful feedback from them.

 

It was our turn to tell them what it’s like to be able to get out of the house. To a student to be like a prisoner, is possibly incredulous even to imagine.

 

They asked questions like “If we see a blind person at a road side, what do we do?” Answer, make it clear you are talking to them, and possibly tap their shoulder as you ask if they need any help. If they don’t, they will be grateful for your kindness. Also if they don’t, the next visually impaired person might.

 

It was good to inform them of things like the lights when we cross the road. Some have the sound of beeping, others don’t. The silent kind, have a turning peg that sticks out at the bottom, so we can feel when it’s time to cross.  I mean, that didn’t benefit the students, but they were amused by it and as one hundred people in the UK start to lose their sight every day, no one knows their future and in the future, something we said, may have stuck with them, if they God forbid ever need it.

 

We told stories of funny things our dogs did and had them all laughing. It had to be more than raising money, which of course that was the aim, but the fact is, what young person wants to sit and listen to doom and gloom? So I just hope Hub on his own today will be as much of a clown as I was, but I’m thinking he will have his professional head on.

 

I hope they do well though as the staff from our local guide dogs work hard for such events, as do the organisers at the University. There will be a few puppy’s there too, and we all know how simply squeezable they are. Hehehe. Oh gosh, my Son the other day told me that Wagga looked like those puppy’s from the games he used to play you know, those hand held games,  I can’t remember the name of them, but I’m sure you will all know what I mean?

You don’t?

Oh!!!!!!!!

Well, he went on to saying she has such a big head and tiny body. Bless, her? She’s not like that, I’m sure. Haha

 

Hub said that LC would have the lip on as he went out with Waggs. Well, as soon as the door was closed, her crying stopped and she went to the cupboard where we keep their sweeties. Little monkey. As I opened it, their own dedicated cupboard, she pulled out her favourite toy, then sat and waited until I got her treat out.

 

I took her in the garden threw her toy for her a few times, groomed her and now she is making up for the sleep she was rudely woken from this morning.

 

Teen at college, then we are off to collect Hubs suits from the dry cleaners. Mind you, he is seeing that first, so whether or not we will get there today? As if she learns he and I are going out, she suddenly will want to see him all day. Hehehe. She is pathetic. And it doesn’t bother me; I can go any time with my friend. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. I know she reads these blogs.

 

Kind of staying with students, my friend has a Son there right now, not at our University, but another. He shares with three girls in his residence. You know what youth are like, it’s all about image. How they are perceived. Well, rather than sit with the girls in the living room, he stays in his bedroom. He was getting down, he goes out a lot, but it is the home life he was depressed about. A poky little room without heating is not much fun. I said to my friend because her Son is sporty; why not use the University gym? Answer? It’s £50 per month. Isn’t that disgraceful?

 

I mean, we want the future to be healthy and the gym is perfect for that. The first year of University is or can be devastating to our kids, most of them first time away from home, they need stimulation and they need to do the exercise to keep healthy not only in body, as let’s face it, they are not going to be eating very well, so not only for their well-being, but for their mental health, a University gym should be free. I mean, they pay enough per year, right?

 

Surely if students exercise, they will sleep better? Sleep better, more awake? More alert, better results not only for students, but University results?

It’s nonsensical.

 

OK, on that note, I must dash to do some last minute jobs then out I hope? We shall see.

 

Later gators.

No comments: