translate

Friday 8 May 2015

THE WHITE FEATHER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE WHITE FEATHER

BY FIONA CUMMINGS  

I found it again

You said I would know when?

It was just lying there

You told me it would be sent to care

I picked it up

Held it under my chin, like a buttercup

Started off thin, then fluffed up

What to do with it?

Small enough to fit

But fit what?

I found a spot

And placed it safely

As this time I would keep it near me

In the locket you gave me

The golden heart

Which comes apart

To allow a picture

But instead it holds the feather

You promised me

It would make me feel better

First time I found it on my pillow

I told myself to stop being silly

For pillows are full of tiny white feathers

But then it was among my letters

Coincidence was the first word that came to me

So once again I threw it away

But then it came back another day

This time in my garden shed

And these are the words I said

“If this is a message

A sign, a vestige

  Then give me more proof?”

Again making excuses

Feeling quite useless

Not knowing the answer

Deep within anger

They took you away from me

A prediction I just didn’t see

But your words kept coming back to me

As though you knew your destiny

You told me over and over

To look out of my window

To see a sign like a four leaf clover

Or an angels feather

I just laughed at you

But your words I have to say are true

As now I have found this once again

On the floor behind the door

And what’s more

I don’t know why I looked there?

But this story I want to share

For those who don’t believe

For those who do grieve

I received and angels love

From someone special from high above

Now my heart has healed

The secret has been revealed

For there is another land

We so far just don’t understand

And we are not meant to as we may never go

Where there are forever summers

And we just have to remember snow

For ice isn’t a word they know

As the sun of gold

And clouds of milk

Where fluffy pillows is floating silk

A breaze from a butterfly

So gentle

The forever fragrance from a rose petal

My soul was touched

From someone I love so much

And the locket holds a tiny part

Of someone who will always be in my heart

For wings were given

High in heaven

To a new angel

Who will wait for me?

So that I will see

How beautiful life truly can be

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: