translate

Thursday 7 May 2015

VOTE WITH FI


Good evening Bloggets. Well, today in the UK is Election Day where we vote for our possible new Prime Minister. So Our Neighbour across the avenue of all sorts, about fifty steps from our door to hers, told us that her voting station was our local church, about a two minute walk away, but Hub said on his card it read that we had to vote at the library. We don’t know where that is, but Di told us it was about six minutes in the car and fifteen to walk. Well, no way we could walk it as have never been taught that route.

 

I said to Di, we would go to our church, as we knew the way there. I kind of hoped that a vote is a vote, who cares where you do it? It’s a cross in a box for Goodness sake.

 

She kindly offered us a lift to the library, but we said we were OK and would do it local.

 

Well off we went Waggatail and Long Chops in harness to our church. There was a man on the door. We asked him for assistance. He rather grumpily told us to go through. Well, good job we knew where through was? As he wasn’t going to help. Hub told Mr. Grumpy pants, that we would need some assistance, he muttered, go through there

 

Well we went in and it was so quiet and we stood. Waited. Waited again like two pillars holding up the church roof. Haha haha.

 

Hub and I looked at each other’s souls as though to say, “OK, so will anyone bother to help us?”

 

Then a man came over he was ok, asked us if we needed help, we thanked him, showed the card and he told us we had to go to the library. We said we only live across the road. He said doesn’t matter, you have to go to the other place. I said well, our Neighbours have cards to say to go here they live in the same street as we do? He said the street is split. One side is a different parish to the other.

 

Say wha’h’ah’hat?

 

Well, we said we can’t go to the other place could we tick there? Answer, no. They were rather unhelpful and right up their backsides.

 

I came out of there furious. I thought, they were rude individuals. I mean, we live two minutes away! That was when my opinions became rather loud. Oddly my Husband walked off quickly. Not sure why? That didn’t stop me from saying

“Well, if I didn’t know who I was going to vote for before, I for sure do now?

As we passed Mr. Grumpy pants I told Hub who by the way, was by then half way home before I totally embarrassed him, that this snobby conservative area  showed it’s true blue colours. Haha haha. Labour wouldn’t have treated us in such a condescending way.

 

Anyway, we got home, I rang Di and bless her builder’s boots, and she came to our rescue. She drove us the six or seven minutes to the next place where we were legal. I mean, this is a democratic country, why can’t we vote wherever we want? I took our passports to prove who we were? But we got there, from the first man who spoke to us, to the lovely polite helpful ladies in the library, we voted. But still, it’s not close to being perfect, still involved the lady to read out certain things. And again we put our trust in her as we crossed the box.

 

Funny thing, she read box number one was UKIP. But she whispered it, as though ashamed. I don’t blame her.

 

Anyway, at least they had the Braille template. And on our way we went. So I conclude from that, that our side of the street is the rough side? Haha haha. Or are we the hard workers who don’t stick our noses up at those who are unable to do something? Well, good old Di, even with her blooming awful times she is having right now, still opened her kind heart and helped us out. For that I’m grateful.

 

Loads more to talk about, so much to say, but must go now as have some work to do before watching the vote, who will win? Hmm. I am sure conservatives will stay in power. And the most fearful thing is, I think that UKIP will join them in a coalition.

 
 

No comments: