translate

Sunday 31 May 2015

BABY YOU BY FIONA CUMMINGS



BY FIONA CUMMINGS  

 

Tiny little fingers

Wrapping around mine

A squishy button nose

In your cot of pine

Cheeky chops giggling

Peepers getting tired

Little legs riggling  

So sweet only to be admired

Blowing bubbles

Full of trouble

Wrapped in a blanket

With a teddy to cuddle

I sing to you

As your eyes of blue

Begin to close

So beautiful

Mouth like a rose

Cute little dimples

Your age is so simple  

You sleep I hope dreaming

In nursery slumber

Away from winds and thunder

Just rainbows and smile sunsets

Flying on clouds of magical carpets

Over the lambs lolloping on the land

Lolly pop trees

Sweet singing blackbirds

And bumblebees

Dream little Darling one

And when you awake

Know you will never be a lone

Make no mistake

I shall be by your side

Kiss your tears that have cried

Put a smile back on your face

If your night is disturbed

And a shadow gives you chase

Know I will make you safe

This is a loving place

Where you never need to fear

I will wipe away

Your tiny silver tear

When morning wakes up

And the dawn dew surrounds the butter cup

And the chorus sings for breakfast

Together you and I shall have a feast

A pot of porridge

And a dippy egg with soldiers

Then out for the day in your carriage

To feed the ducklings on the pond

I love to see

Just how you respond

You’re so inquisitive

Fill my days with delight

Make me glad to live

You are so bright

Like the stars at night

Always free with love

And for that I give thanks to above

For whoever created you

Chose me to love you

To hold you

To teach you

To protect you

So you see wonders

With your eyes of blue

Little sleeping angel

How I so adore you

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: