translate

Tuesday 5 May 2015

AND THEN WHO WILL CRY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THEN WHO WILL CRY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Breaking my heart as tears fall from my eyes

Why are you the angel in disguise

I never know where I am with you

Picture perfect gold hair eyes of blue

Why do your deceiving lips tell such lies

Why is it me who you seem to despise

When others treat you as badly as they do

And you know that I love you

An yet you are so cruel

Your verminous tongue

From someone so young

One day it will be too late

An empty cup and plate

What once was so full

Life could have been beautiful

I’m so dutiful

And yet get treat in such a manner

To you my head is the nail and you the hammer

I’m a ball to kick

A target for a stick

My heart you break daily

Do you hate me this much, really?

Where is the respect

It’s me you reject

Well, I won’t forget

And to be honest I’m fed up of it all

Stop kicking me like a ball

Metaphorically of course

Whip me like that poor horse

One day you will learn of what you have lost

But time will have past by

Then who will cry?

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: