translate

Tuesday 19 May 2015

OUR MAKER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


OUR MAKER

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

 The ground is too far away

The sky I cannot reach

I’m simply a yesterday

Forgotten on a vast beach

Hands together I do pray

A hug will stretch out and reach

Whilst summer has come out to play

I shiver as though out on a winters evening

One may demand, whilst others beseech

There is honesty and those who are deceiving

Some will learn

 But they can’t preach

Fingers burn

Skin scarred with bleach

Pages shall turn

But will words become pictures

We are all God’s creatures

Though the Devil walks by our side

We have strong shoulders

For the evil to take a ride

On deaf ears

Echo’s cried

Colours before us

No such word as trust

Crimson paint

Reminds me I am no saint

Feeling faint

Tortured tears

Longing for an end to my fears

Before me stands a bridge

How long can I sit on the ridge

Misty mountains

Dirty fountains

Smokey clouds

Angry crowds

Wishing I could feel proud

In jail

Again I fail

Filling with water

Into an empty pail

Wounds I slaughter

Torn flesh

All old

Nothing fresh

Daylight cold

Evening blankets fold

Bedroom stories told

Someone to hold

I put out my hand before me

For these dark eyes don’t see

I put a shell to my ear

There is nothing there

No words I can’t share

Looking forward just helpless I stare

What was fixed?

There is now a tare

On three legs

Is an old painted chair

Beads of glass

On my path

I need to sweep

My dreams I sleep

Who am I?

A wolf does cry

A fox will hide

A horseman shall ride

A gift of pride

An oak trunk so wide

With rotten roots

Climbed by gripping desperate boots

Among poverty

Are men in suits?

Where is the charity

Who will show their voices?

Not those who decide on anonymity

Do we have choices?

Help out in a crisis

If we turn our back

Who will face us when in need?

Who shall bandage when we bleed

We write words for those to read

Hear these words I plead

Forget the greed

The starving we will feed

I will be seen

And my questions will be heard

I won’t be second or third

 I’m not in a pack or a herd

For the howling wolf will look to the moon

And in grey skies a bird

This land is for all

Among the universe we are so small

But we can grow tall

In our love and compassion

A life changing experience isn’t fashion

Its real forever

And we will stand together

A snake in the heather

A robin in a bush

Voices can be noticed

Without anyone saying hush

So back to the start

The shape of your heart

Is what you feel inside?

Knowing that you have tried

Hold your head up with pride

For this journey is a bumpy ride

So if this to you is a riddle

Just know I’m not at the top or bottom

But in the middle

No real place

A featureless face

But with a very wise soul

A secret never told

But writing up in bold

Hands together we pray and hold

Dreams achieved if only you wait

Trust that open gate

And unlocked door

If you feel like you have been here before

Then keep coming back for more

When you have a splinter

When you need a shelter

If you need some water

A drink

A quiet place to think

When you want to be in the pink

Just call my name

Like in the game

Put all of your pegs in the right holes

We are born of one soul

United we are

We have come from a far

That shining star

The shadow you are standing next to

That perfect view

Wait for your answer

For it is due

Because our maker does love you

These words are so true

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings May 2015

No comments: