translate

Monday 1 September 2014

FALLEN OUT WITH THE LORD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


FALLEN OUT WITH THE LORD

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I wish I could have my faith restored

But I’ve fallen out with the Lord

This pain in my heart I can’t afford

And the tears I cry are so sore

Darkness keeps coming back for more

Though I try to lock my door

It beats its way through

Making me believe what’s not true

Hands together night after night

Begging with all of my might

Asking our maker to make it all right

I’m fed up of this angry fight

I want my hurt to disappear

And end this horrible fear

Cold ice inside of my soul

Burning flamed coal

Slicing away at my nerves and veins

Laughing in front of me at my pains

I want to escape

Please tell me how

I know the difference between real and fake

But those around me struggle to wake

Up to the future ahead of them now

And because I care so very much

I want to free them from the devils touch

The fiery fork chases us

And before we know it without a fuss

Our insides are scarred

And we are tarred

But must learn how to get clean

As there is no machine

No help or promise

Not even a helping hand among us

Day after day without relent

Our easy streight pathway is crooked and bent

I’ve prayed to the angels

Our God and all above

But they have left us without any love

What did we do to deserve such punishment

Harsh words and treatment without relent

 So where to go now

And how to keep fighting on

Someone tell me how

And end this worry I wake to each day

Please let this existence go away

Let me be filled with the faith I once had

And say goodbye to the bleeding bad

 

 

Fiona Cummings England Sep 2014

No comments: