translate

Sunday 14 September 2014

GREEN FINGERS


Good evening Bloggets. I hope you are all well and have had a lovely weekend? My Son got up and woke the house with his size tens at 6am and cycled into our city to catch a crazy early train. I hope his bike will still be there tomorrow when he returns? He did lock it up, but that doesn’t say much? He said bless him that he put it under a security camera. He went to our capital to spend the day with his gf and tonight they went to a great concert with loads of great bands to raise money for  soldiers and Paralympics. Some of the groups he saw are really good. He had a meal with the gf’s family too and will be staying overnight at their flat and I really hope back on a 6am train for his first day for his maths at college. Now I am sure that he won’t be back and if not well another chance he has blown as we were going to get him a tutor for maths as he needs good grades, he was always an A student at maths, but all went wrong for the past couple of years, so to get back up there, we have booked a tutor to visit the house, but if he is going to miss tomorrow, I will have a phone call to make…

 

No way am I wasting £300 if he can’t be bothered to take it seriously. One good thing is, he is doing great with his I.T. He is getting very high marks already in his new term. So I hope for him, he will get the rest of his A, levels. What he wants to do in life for a career? Well, he wants to be the next Bill Gates… Not saying he won’t be, as he can sell sand to the deserts. But before that, he needs to work. I’m sure it will depend where his gf ends up next year? If she goes to London he will follow.

 

Yesterday was quiet around here, we didn’t go out and today pretty much the same, but we did go to our wonderful Chinese restaurant for lunch. Our Louis was as lovely as ever, bless him, he is so sweet. He made me a lovely drink, oh it was so embarrassing, I was over heating with hot foods as in spicy and obviously I was doing my best impressions of being a beetroot. My face must have been a picture. He asked me if I liked honey. I said I loved it and next thing Hub and I heard the whisking machine Hub thought it was funny that I was going to be given a concoction. I was slightly fearful, but over he came with the most delicious drink of lemon and honey. I tell you, it really took the heat from my face and throat! It was really nice. Well, when we finished our meal, I was so full, and then we had to begin the walk home, told Louis we would be bringing our oldest girl next week as she is staying. He wants us to visit him at home and have a game of something that he said you don’t need to see for? Hehehe. Scary? Well, I gathered it was a board game and we have not played this before but I have heard of the name of it, just can’t remember what it was called? But if we will rely on Louis’s description on the rules, with his broken English, God help our playing, I think he and his wife will beat us for sure.

 

He is really a great guy as is Maggie who also works there. They treat us so kindly, I am sure other clientele must wonder why we get such preferential treatment. We were his first guests and have brought so many friends and family to his restaurant also other people we have spoken to have told Louis we recommended them to go. Last year we had a street party there, OMG? It was rather lively, not sure quiet Louis was ready for us lot… There were about eighteen of us, it was Christmas and a good night.

 

 Well we made it home; Wagga did well today, though I did get a little close to those dreaded metal stairs close to our shops. Wags thought it would be fun to stop and have a sniff. Thankfully I didn’t go charging a head but moved slowly, so felt the metal obstacle before a bloody nose happened.

 

When we got home, we did some gardening. We cut back our roses in the front garden. God knows what they look like? Shame as they have the most beautiful fragrance but look very dead, so the season has spoken and chopped they were. Whilst we did our impression of Edward scissor hands, our fingers felt cuts unnecessarily given by the thorns of our roses. We have to feel for the heads and wood to cut, how to do this without pricking ourselves? Impossible. So Hub and I feel like we have been dancing with nettles.

 

Does our garden look any better? Em, doubt it, but can’t look worse, can it? I joked with my friend Jo, as she is blind too, but cuts her grass and her back lawn is huge, oh she really is so funny and makes me laugh with her stories about how she has fallen flat on her back, ran over something furry, thankfully not their pet rabbit or her old guide dog, but a cuddly toy of her dogs…

Bless her, she still does it though. What choice do we have? When Hub and I went around our garden, we learned that the last gardener was as rubbish as every other one we have had… At least this one didn’t bring down parts of our wall though, and I may have to get him again, but don’t want to, as he took two hours and all we can tell he has done is the weeds from the patio. As for the borders? Well, they are still awful so Hub tackled them today; I hope my flowers come back next year? Haha.

 

OK, Teen just text, he is safe back at the flat, so I can relax for now, until tomorrow when he will come back via tubes of London and train to our city. He is so very independent and this I am glad about. I mean when he went to Amsterdam a couple of months ago, he did it all on his own.

 

OK Hub looking for something must go and try to help him to find it, dam our blooming blind eyes, how much more simple life would be if we could see?

“Though blogs would be shorter? Hehehe. Until tomorrow sleep well. X

 

No comments: