translate

Monday 8 September 2014

MUSIC MEDICIN AND MAYHEM BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MUSIC MEDICEN AND MAYHEM

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Another time

Another land

Your hand in mine

I had to understand

By looking into your heart of gold

Though your surroundings was so very cold

Your chocolate eyes

Full of surprise

Your sad soul

A story told

A little boy

Trapped inside a ghostly past

A tuneful musician

Conducting an orchestra that will last

So seriously you watched

 The world unfold before you

Just waiting for the words

I love you

You saw things which pained you

Heard words so true

You built your wall

So no one could hurt you

Looking over your shoulder

Forever and a day

Now tall

So much older

Past won’t go away

You blank it from your mind

But to face it would be so unkind

Once again you will be tortured

Like a lamb about to be slaughtered

Who is there for you now?

As lines form on your brow

You ask yourself how

Why did you take the medicine?

As you know its pure poison

Are the answers in the bottle?

Don’t you know the liqueur will throttle

Your eyes are closed now

You are blinded by the promise of a better world

Surrounded by servants and bars of gold

But what good is that

When you need a hand to hold?

My love can’t give you wealth my dear

Nor good health I fear

But I am warm

Will keep you safe

No more nightmares of being chased

You chose your path of life

And live by the knife

I can’t save you

Or teach you what’s true

I am old

And you want what’s new

But forever I will love you

As long as you know

My fire will always be a glow

My kettle will be hot

I can give you what I have but trouble is

You want the lot

You think you have found it

And your glove will fit

But when you are used up

And you have a half empty cup

My heart will be half full

And I shall keep the rest for my love for you

In a safe for a day so dull

And once again we shall walk hand in hand

Visit the old land

And chase the past

For our friendship will forever last

 

No comments: