translate

Sunday 21 September 2014

OUR DAUGHTER CAME PART 1


 Good day Bloggets. Few, a sit down and some words about our weekend. Friday evening teen was to go out to town with someone… He was to meet at seven. Then turned into meeting at eight, then nine, and eventually at ten at night, out he went to meet, well, if someone had messed me around like that, I would tell them not to bother, but no, loyal, off he went. So that was Friday for him, for us getting ready to see our girl. Saturday, Hub went to town to meet with our daughter who was to come by train. The two of them went off to the University in our city to view it for next year, as it is one of the options she may choose for her studies!

 

The University had put on a bus, so from the station to the University, which was great, very handy. Funny thing was, Hub spent so much time planning how to get to the Uni and what bus stop and number bus and where to get off… Didn’t know there was an arrangement, but not sure our girl did either.

 

Well, our girl is immensely intelligent and received the top marks possible in English in the country. She was one of four who got 100% didn’t drop one mark, but when they went to hear a lecture on what the English department had to offer, Hub was really disappointed. It was an American lecturer who preached first class pomposity, with a pejorative

 Personality!

 

She was unpleasant and filled the room with ice.  So not a good start, then they went to another part of the University, a part which was very quaint and very homely. This was the drama department. Now, that was warm, kind and completely hungry to welcome students. They said it was amazing, the TV studio’s and dance theatre and special affects also their theatre with over 200 seats and the variety of equipment that was on offer, also the lecturers who visited the University have been very famous people, there were happy faces there not at all hostile. Personally, I would want someone to lecture my child on the subject of English, to be English! I’m not saying this lady knew less about English than an English person, she may have studied it to perfection, but it is still odd to hear English being taught by someone other than English… Like I would much prefer my child to learn French being taught by a French person. Now when I went to the University a while back, the American lecturer was such a wonderful person, she was warm, kind and clever, and taught History.

 

Anyway, they were told for English, our girl would have to have 3 A’s or she wouldn’t have a chance to get a place, but by that point, I think the lady scared our girl off. I think they said 1500 kids apply to study English there each year and they except 215, hence why they insist on three A’s.

 

There was a lake in the grounds and a bridge. The accommodation was lovely too. So still no farther forward where she will go, she has looked at a few places now, mainly in London. It would be lovely if she did move closer to us.

 

She came through the door dressed in her totally individual clothing… Gosh, her style is different for sure. She wore a turban for one... I thought she had her jumper on her head, it looked awful, haha. Of course I had to comment, it was out before I knew it. I am sure it was on wrong? But she could wear a paper bag and still look beautiful. She got comments in our town Hub said; one person told her she should enter a beauty competition. She always was stunning. She speaks so beautifully too, but as for her clothing, oh heck… She was proud to tell us that the cloak she was wearing was over a hundred years old. Oh, God, how brilliant though that she isn’t stressed to keep up with the latest fashion, to be like a sheep like so many of her age, including my teen. She is proud to say, she gets all her clothes from charity shops and lives on £10 pocket money per month… She earns the rest that she may need. Hub and I did think to ourselves, “Heck, what on earth happens to all the money he pays his ex for the children?

 

I made dinner/tea, well, she is a professional cook, I have told you before, she makes cakes, oh my God, they are amazing and she absolutely loves to do them. The one she made last week, was coco chocolate cream lavender and raspberry’s, with pink icing and pink carnation flowers. Layers of different flavours. Wonderful.

So my cooking? Heck, well, you would laugh, firstly, I wasn’t sure what kind of meet I defrosted, haha, in the morning, I showed Hub the tray and he thought it was pork… I thought it looked like Salmon? But I was sure it was turkey as that is what I bought this week, but was it from a couple of weeks ago from the freezer? Oh no, what to do?  Hub said just cook it and call it “Dish a la Fi”

 

I put it in a oven dish and cooked onions, yellow peppers, mushrooms and herbs, well, then I thought to beef up the sauce, I would add a tin of butter beans. Hmm. After I opened the tin of pineapple chunks, then a tin of soup, I hit half lucky and found kidney beans, oh well, I didn’t dare open another tin, or custard could be in the other one!

 

I put a small amount of salt in with black pepper and poured over the sauce with the fresh double cream. Covered it and cooked it slowly whilst I prepared the baked potatoes with cheese and chives and I did green beans, asparagus and mange tout.

Sorry if the last is not spelled correctly…   

 

It went down very well; our girl loved it as did Hub. Teen was kept away. He did make a guest appearance, whilst the person he was with stayed in her car. He said hello and off he went again for another couple of days. So we had our girl to ourselves. I loved the weekend.  We went after tea, to the theatre, oh heck; I’m going to leave that one to another blog, as it really is another blog on its own. You will cringe or laugh your socks off when I tell you what I did…

 

But our girl loved the house too thank God, I was so anxious, as the house is so much older  and smaller than our last one, but she raved about it. Our little Wagga, acted as though she was her long lost friend, when she has never seen her in her life… She was hyper. So a couple of things planned, more on that later. X

No comments: