translate

Wednesday 24 September 2014

HALF PRICE BRAINS


So I went to the shop today. How sad is this? So I had an excuse to go to our very boring shop again on Friday, I only bought one loaf of bread, though they had an offer on two for so much… Is that sad, or brave? Or pathetic. So my other friends, who can’t see, go to town, shop for everything, on trains metro’s busses and visit pubs. Me? Our local shop for bread…

 

Never mind, we got there OK, no mistakes, around the shop alright too spoke to the manager who is so lovely and got to the till where there was a new lad on… Let’s just say brains must have been on offer today there, as he gave his away.

 

OMG, he tried to joke to the person in front of me. He was so very unfunny though? Saying the most ridiculous things to him. Well, when it came to me, he didn’t know how to handle me. Haha haha. I can tell you, I take some handling.

 

I had the audacity to ask for cash back. From being over the top loud and bolshie to the person in front of me to being absolutely terrified when it came to a real live blind person. What was going on in his mind?

“Heck, will she understand me?

How will I communicate with her?

She asked for cash back? Wow, do blind people spend cash?   Oh, heckers, she has a card? Plastic? How will I tell her to put it in the machine?

Oh my God, she did it without me asking her? Perhaps I don’t need to say anything to her. Great, few!”

And I tell you Bloggets, he didn’t say a word. Not put your pin in, how much it was, answering me for cash back? Have a nice day nothing, nout, zilch! From one extreme to another, so of course I couldn’t help myself but to say to the girl who kindly helped me around the shop to find what I wanted.

“He must have exhausted his tongue with the last customer!”

Hehehe hehehe. She did laugh.

 

Walking along just in time to avoid the monkeys at the zoo, as it was almost time to go to their houses for their teas of bananas and the little darlings to swing from their Mummy’s banisters.

And a voice very enthusiastic to talk to me shouted

“Hi, haven’t seen you for ages, how are you? How’s the family?”

Well there was no answer so I answered as obviously they were talking to me?

“Hey there, good to see you again… We are OK, and you?

Well, I am very polite… Then there was silence

And she continued

A little in shock some may say. “Em. I will call you back later my mobile is breaking up!!!

Hehehe, heck she wasn’t’ talking to me at all but on her phone… Oh what a pleb I am.

 

Thing is, years ago I would have died, now I will just dine out on it for a while… I tell you too, not the first time I have spoken to someone on a mobile… Many years ago I did the same.. Teen was with me he was about seven. He said the man looked scared. Hehehe.

 

Teen came in from the gym after he slept for a few hours after college. He showered made me some tea too. Gosh? He emptied the dish washer and even got the vacuum out… Wow. Impressed for sure.

 

Then he received a call from a shop for a job interview tomorrow. So he is happy. He was going to sell his watch. He loves that too, all to buy a gift for those who don’t deserve anything at all. But his money, his watch. So if he gets a job, he will meet some new people, this is good. I just hope he continues to study, not for my sake but for his. The job is miles away too. One good thing, he will be busy on weekends, just like his other friends who work…

 

He has some lovely friends, normal people and was out with one of them tonight.

 

Hub not back at hotel yet and it’s half ten at night. He phoned me before asking me to call him back. He is staying in a nice hotel and was going out there are 35 of them. He was going to a pub for a meal. I hope he enjoys it? He said he would phone when he got back, not sure what time that will be.

 

 

Oh I have done something today I haven’t done in months. Bought myself something on line. It’s a multi coloured cardigan. Well, I blooming hope it is? It was less than half price and sounds lovely. I got Hub his two pairs of trousers for work. God knows what they look like and if they will fit? If they don’t we will have to just keep them as can’t get to a shop to swap them. I flipping hate being blind. We wear what we can find. And if the descriptions are poor and in most cases they are, we end up with horrible things.

 

I bought my Aunt and friend the same gift too for Christmas. No, I don’t mean they are sharing the same gift, but one each.

 

They are burgundy scarfs with a fox on them. Well, my aunt loves foxes, and she used to make me laugh as she used to feed a wild fox. She would go to our shop Asda, and buy what they call “Woops sausages” Basically sausages with a sell by date about to expire. She would take her woops, haha. To the road where Mr. Fox used to wait for her. She used to say he waited even with his bib on. A bib is what you tie around a baby’s neck to stop them from making a mess…

You know the white part on a fox’s chest? Well, my mad aunt used to say that was his bib. Hehehe. God love her.

But she used to go the same time every night and he would be there. My friend just loves animals. They both wear scarfs so hey ho! Or Ho Ho, as they are gifts for Christmas.

I know I’m too early for that but because I can’t do Christmas shopping like normal people; I see things and just buy them months before Christmas.

So when do I tell Hub? As it’s money we don’t have spare, but he has been saying for months he needs trousers for work and if I buy a couple of gifts leading up to Christmas, there won’t be a huge bill all at once. Right? As for my cardigan? Em, well, that may be one I have had a while… hehehe.

 

OK, the dogs have all been out, I still miss letting my darling BB in and out. I miss her breathing; the other dogs are so quiet. It’s been three weeks since she died and it still hurts like crazy. So my house is all locked up and the navy nights are still. So until tomorrow, though I am tired, not going to bed yet. I hate going to bed alone. Just glad teen is in the house. Until tomorrow with love. Before I go a quote.

One of the greatest diseases, is to be nobody to anybody

Mother Teresa

And Bloggets, you are all somebody to me!

No comments: