translate

Tuesday 2 September 2014

OH MY DARLING

 Hub just took BB to the vet. She is worse. I can't go. I feel for Hub. I really hope she will return? A poem I wrote a couple of years ago when she retired.


PAWS 4 THOUGHT


BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 


I was in your shadow


It was you I was to follow


Such pride you did show


I am so grateful for you, you know


I put on my coat and shoes


Inside my nerves I knew I would lose


But you put your little head in my hand


Patiently you did seem to understand


And the world was ours


You gave me powers


You gave me hope


Unleashed the rope


You showed me love and happiness


Oh my little beauty our days I will miss


For ten years my loyal friend


With me until the end


You were my first guide


It’s not been an easy ride


But we got there my little Labrador


Now my tears hit the floor


As I have to hang up your lead


My heart does bleed


Your harness will be handed back


As I say thank you to my beauty in black


Kiss your head


And shake your paw


Make you a comfortable bed


And we will play forever more


Your working days are over


But my love will show forever


Thank you my darling Hannah


 



No comments: