translate

Friday 19 September 2014

SO SUMMER HAS GONE BY FIONA CUMMINGS (THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY SERIES)


SO SUMMER HAS GONE (THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY)

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

So summer has gone

And the factory goes on

The queen didn’t win

Our factory, she didn’t manage to close

Outside I step and that wonder hits my nose

It’s calling for me

The good old chocolate factory

 It’s the end of the summer

And the weather is changing

We have rain and thunder

Behind the mystical gates there’s such a wonder

 Jim welcomed me on this fine day

He said Jake wanted to play

His chocolate violin

 Melanie would sing

I would sit on a mountain

Next to the chocolate fountain

So high to my friends

But to me a kerb

Among the flowers and pots with herbs

Flying by the Milky Way birds

  And making me laugh

Would be our wonderful Giraffe

His head in the trees

With his knobbly knees

And perched on a log

Would be our fox like dog

No longer a puppy

But still so cuddly

And wearing top hats

Is the mouse catching cats

Noddy rings his bell

“Our guest has arrived

He bellows to tell

Then the white mice would scurry and hide

Making melting trails

Up curled the cats tails

And off they would run

To have some fun

Of catch and chase

Through this magical place

Of gold wrapped leaves

On the autumn trees

And a chocolate church

With a pink marshmallow parrot

High on her perch

Perfect posies

Of dark chocolate

Through tiny windows it looked so cosy

Fires a lit

Toadstool houses

Reminiscing of the day when I was invited

I was incredibly excited

Can you remember when?

I shrunk smaller than a hen

As slim as a pen

As I walked through the tiny door

Oh I never had seen anything like it before

But now outside with the fragrance of melting moments

With cute little tents

And a rickety liquorice fence

Miniscule tables the size of fifty pence

A BBQ burning

To my right

Of hazelnut chops

Such a delight

I was starving

Thanks to Marvin

Who took care of that

As he handed me a tray on top of a tablemat

Full of goodies

So very yummy

Sugar mice and loads of lollies

Cakes were placed on jelly trolleys

Triangle sandwiches of cucumber and cheese

All the elves wanted to do for me was please

A tune and a song

I wanted this day to go on and on

Oh and the milk tray train chugged along

In rhythm with the fantastic song

All the colours of elf and pixie clothing

Like Jim, the tiny elf He had the cutest dimples and strawberry curls

 His trousers were patents of spots and swirls

 His shoes were pointy and heels so high

 He wore a yellow dickey bow tie

There was the purple hat warn by Ellie

And our silvered haired pixie called Tixi

The wonderful orange jelly

And on the borders around the gardens

Were colours of hundreds and thousands

A perfect paradise

Of all things nice

And looking up at me

Were the chocolate mice

Laughing for they got away again

From the not so good mice catching cats

With their top hats

Time to say goodbye for now

But I will return for sure

As this factory is pure

Love and happiness

And if there is any illness

Here you will find a cure

Later my elves friends and Pixie’s too

Bye bye to Jim with your pointy shoes

Chocolate kisses and candy sticks

Passing bags of coco, like building bricks

Through the gates back into my real world

Where everything is loud, so very bold

Now keep this a secret

No one has to be told

About our magical marvellous retreat

Until next time we meet

Somewhere some how

Ta ta for now

But next time you go to the shop for a chocolate bar

Remember the factory not too far

 

No comments: