translate

Thursday 18 September 2014

SHOPPING IN THE BLACK


Good day Bloggets, how are you all today? Thank you all for recent comments via email and other cyber contacts. My day so far? Well, I decided to go to the shop for bread and potatoes, sadly I can’t see a day without bread. I could a few weeks ago, I was doing so well but doing well, meant not eating… So I eat, I eat bread, I eat bread, and I can’t loss any weight… But I did my on line food shopping this week and deliberately didn’t order any bread so I would be forced to shop as Hub doesn’t get in until tea time then he is so tired, he is in transit for over two hours just a normal day to the office, not talking about train journeys to other parts of the UK. So I would be horrible to expect him to get it. As for asking teen, no, I will leave that one, as he too is busy…

 

I thought I have to go first thing, if I don’t, then I won’t. So up out of bed, showered dressed and the blooming boring tasks before I can even leave the door.

  1. Let Wagga out to pollute, better in her own toilet as on the way there and me having to play hunt the poo!
     
    2. Find her led and harness
    3. Get a poo bag just in case she shows me up!
    4. Get her treats. Bribery and corruption!

 

5. Play another game of hunt the missing shoe! And finally number 6, check I have a fully charged mobile for emergency’s and my cash card and of course keys, that always helps. So out of our hugely wide drive and turn right, passing where sometimes there is a car parked on the path, but of late they have been great bless them. To my first down step. Wags waits, just, then across the first road, I really can’t tell if I am walking in a straight blooming line, I feel so dizzy with fear. Again the weather was kind, not blind person’s fog, so no wind, no rain and all calm. Up the step always a good sign, she didn’t walk me over the other road, she used to in fact, when I first got her, she walked me across the wrong road and up someone’s drive, and guess who’s drive it was? Our Transvestites… May be Wags thought we could swap frocks? Though little does Wags know, our Transvestites got a better figure than me… haha

. Then to bow under the flipping over hanging tree and the walk along the path where someone’s garden has come over onto the path, you would think they would sweep up? It’s a right mess. At last turn right and it is then when the horrible noise starts. Onto our motorway/race track. Oh the sounds of nastiness is awful and continuous, no gaps for longer than two seconds. It’s like being on a runway. Please Wags I beg to turn right at the end, if she doesn’t that’s me right on the road, and for sure would be killed. I had the closest near miss earlier in the year, I told you how it was, I found myself in the middle of the road, and cars swerving to get by, no one stopped, very kind of them, right? How we got back to the path is a miracle.

So she turned right reluctantly. I don’t know what her fascination is with death…

Passing all the branches bowing and needle like arms reaching out to me. And along the dangerous pathway, as especially when you really are rubbish at walking in a straight line? Really, if I ever got stopped by the police and was asked to walk the white line, I would be handcuffed!!!

 

This is the longest path too; it’s most of the journey. Oh then it was rather disturbing. A child across the road, must have been about two, max three? Screamed. His Mother/Grandmother, not sure, was screaming at him to get on his bike. Waggatail was so interested in what they were doing; she was all over the place. I checked her and told her forward. The child was getting louder, and then they crossed over the road. The the worst thing happened, the child was so upset behind me, and after about sixty steps away from him, he wasn’t keeping up with me, obviously the person with him stood still? I thought, until I heard a brute of a woman in front of me, just as I was a meter from her, she shouted to her child. So, to teach him a lesson, she thought she would walk a head and leave the child, I didn’t hear her take over me for the traffic sounds. Really, I was stunned. If this baby had gone only four steps to the right, he would have been on that road, there is nothing to stop anyone from going on there, and she was miles away from him, too far to save him.

 

Some people shouldn’t be allowed to have children in their care.

 

I turned right, Wags did that good, as I’m never sure of where the right turning is, we passed the zoo with the monkeys in their cages and their noises screeched on top of the traffic… My ears were hurting, I was shattered just trying to concentrate. We walked down the cycle track, then just tried to judge when to turn left as Wagga will not do that bit, if I get it wrong it’s not a good look.

Believe me!

So we did it right, the narrow path that takes us along the side of the shops. Turn right missing those dreadful metal steps, so under them and turned right into the shop doors. Wags got her treat and the lovely lady comes to my needs. I then have to keep Wags on a tight led as she will eat whatever she can… So she walks around the shop normally on two feet. It’s so embarrassing. Anyway, got to the potatoes, I wanted big ones, but they didn’t have a bag I could carry home suitable, so ended up with daft marbles again. Some bread, cash back and on my way.

 

Oh God, Wags was dreadful going back. For some reason, she didn’t turn right on the cycle route. She went forward. In my head, I knew I had to turn right, but thought if I misjudge it, we will end up tripping over that terrible step, you know the ones that don’t go up or down? The kind where it’s just to separate the path from the car park? Like an edging? Well, as we walked too much forward, I discovered something to watch out for in the future, more to think about. There was a wall; I say was. unless I have done it some damage, it’s still there? Haha. Well, who would build such walls? First I hit it with my feet, and then reached forward to save myself from bashing my face against this new wall, new to me... The wall then touched my knees and nothing in front of me to stop me from going a head over the top of the wall, but thankfully I was OK, wasn’t walking too fast. It was a wall that started off wide, then was on a slant, seemed like a roof on the ground, do you know what I mean? We have something like those at our local shops, the shops we get a bus to. But on a smaller scale, they are around to keep the roof up outside our shopping centre. But on a slope.

 

Well, thankfully I stayed calm, but I was furious with Waggatail. Why would we walk that way? She has never done that before. I traced our steps back to the shop, and started to walk again, thinking, oh heck, what if a truck has pulled up where we normally turn right? What if Wags was trying to walk me around it?

No, she wasn’t we found the right turning and thankfully got back in one peace but I am exhausted now. The nerves and stress just to do a shop only for a sighted person would take five minutes, for me half an hour and all day to recover.

For sighted Bloggets, next time you see a blind person out and about, just because they are there, doesn’t mean they are brave and relaxed. The things we have to think about missing and so on, like our route? And because I have to go the short way for Wagga, as the long way is so much nicer and quiet, until we get to our zoo of course with the monkeys, but I can’t do the long way because Wagga walks me onto the road with the busses to get to her park, so I always get so very lost that way, and it’s a real shame as the smells of flowers along there is lovely also people always talk and I sometimes bump into the cake lady from church, the way I go is hostile, but I did it, I’m back.

No comments: