translate

Saturday 6 September 2014

BURNING FLAME BY FIONA CUMMINGS


BURNING FLAME

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Help me please

I’m so desperately sad

I think I’m going mad

I’ve begged on my knees

They have stolen like thieves

Everything I love

Some say the dead go to a place

High above

A land full of perfection

Well now where will I find affection?

I’m in so much pain

In the driving seat all roads leading to insane

Their watching me crash

My limbs they will smash

What’s left of me they will thrash?

Shredding my flesh

Blocking me with thick mesh

Forbidding me from moving onwards

Pushing me backwards

I have lost directions

My wounds now suffer with infections

They rob me and I don’t know why

They laugh when I start to cry

Who are they?

If only I could sleep then wake up on a new day

I can’t believe that they are so cruel

They are beyond any school

Their lessons are studied at university

Their torture is full of diversity

I go around a new corner

And they are waiting for me

I don’t belong to them

I’m not their wife or daughter

I never know when  they will strike

But what they did to me last

The cruellest thing of all

And what scares me most

As it’s all their call

I am the host

They are my guests

I am a slave and they are the best

Well that’s what they think

And their acid breath stinks

But who are they

Who rules them, telling them what to say?

They have torn my hands apart whilst I try to pray

Took everything I care about

And I can’t bring back what I’ve lost

No matter how I shout

I can’t find my loved ones

I feel like I’m in a bubble

And deep down in so much trouble

So low to the ground

There’s no one around

No one who can help me get out

I’m been poured from an iron kettle with a spiky spout

Into a huge cup

No one will help me up

Out from the bottom of hell

There’s no one to tell

No one I can trust

Is this my destiny?

This life is for me a must?

Even if now my luck will change

I’ve lost so much and I’m in pain

So if this is just a game

Then you win I’m torn and lame

I’m a shadow now

Will I recover?

If so don’t know how

I give up you win

I’m beaten

It’s such a shame

You have had your year of fame

So go back to your burning flame

 

 

No comments: