translate

Thursday 10 November 2016

WHERE ARE YOU BY FIONA CUMMINGS


WHERE ARE YOU

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

There are no gifts to buy you, because I can’t find you

I want to say words to you, just that I love you

I wish I could put pen to a card, it’s so hard

I look up to the sky, and think you are among the stars

I just wish you weren’t so far

I still see you in your car

But then I shake my head, and face reality

I wish when you were ill in bed, I told you words of quality

Rather than cheerful lies of hope

When around my neck was a rope

I feel your huge hands holding mine

And I start to cry

I want to give you a hug

I feel robbed, beaten by a thug

Who took you so early Dad?

Why did you have to leave me, feeling so sad

I needed you more than ever

I wanted you by my side forever

My Darling Dad, wherever you are

Know I love you right up to that shining star

And for you I have a full heart

Right now, we must be apart

But one day, I hope we meet again

And I will see an ending to this excruciating pain

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: