translate

Monday 28 November 2016

DIARY OF MY MAD MONDAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good morning Bloggets. Well on Friday I was furious, today, Monday, I’m mad. Mad as in cross. As we say in the North East, I’m stotting. In English, this refers to an animal who is about to pounce with stiff legs, that will be right with me. Haha.

I got up at silly hour with Hub. There were a few things to do before the painter arrived. I heard a van pull up. I am expecting a few parcels. As I headed towards the f
rant door, I heard something being pushed through my letter box which is attached to the door. I was so angry, I was in he hadn’t rang the bell or even knocked.

I put my keys in the door, heard him close his van door. I didn’t want to go towards his van knowing me, it would be either a neighbour going to work or a visitor to another house. I didn’t want to pounce my person on an unsuspecting victim, so I stood at my door, flapping the card like a crazy person on a hot day, trying to angrily stare him out. A bit of a challenge when blind…

Oh he drove off. Well, by now I was more angry and ready to face a few rounds with Mike Tyson!

He turned up the road and drove past well I swear I was looking right into his van window.
Hopefully the driving side? Haha
He stopped. Must have thought he was having a curse put on him.

“I’ve left your two parcels in a safe place””
Really? And where might that be? Because there not in my house.
“Oh your neighbour said you were not in because before another delivery person tried your door and again you didn’t answer.””
Well, it may help if you and the other person rang my door bell. Here it is. Look?
I rang it as if I were the sound person from the film Quasimodo! He replied
“Well your neighbour said the last person knocked and you were not in.” I replied well that person may have knocked, I didn’t hear,, seriously, what is wrong with my doorbell? It’s not electric, you won’t get a shock from it and no matter what that person did or didn’t do, you didn’t knock or ring. He just said it says on my monitor to leave in a safe place I asked him who told him that? He said it says here. I said I didn’t tell anyone to do that. Next time ring. Where is it? He said around there, where? There. Stupid individual was pointing. I had to clarify was it next to my gate. He replied kind of. And drove off.

It was flipping guide dog food. Almost £160 worth. So, I went to get the gate key and my lovely dog walker rang, I had to tell her I would call her back. Meanwhile my painter phoned. Now, wait until you hear this one.
“Hi Fiona, it’s me…. Just to tell you I will be an hour late. My friend has died during the night. And I’m (GOING TO SEE HIM)””
It gets better Bloggets. This one beats the kids popular saying the dog has eaten my homework Miss.
“I may be earlier to you,
(IF HE ISN’T IN)””
Say whaaaat?
Hang on a mo jo. Firstly, I thought he was dead, secondly, if he’s died, where will he be going at this time in the morning? Hahaha.

Half an hour later, he called back asking if he could cancel today. Like heckers. No way. So he said he would be with me in fifteen minutes. Meanwhile I had got the humongous boxes of dog food and carried them around to the garage. Good job I had my Weetabix for breakfast…

Phoned my dog walker back, a bit confused as she wasn’t due until tomorrow? Hoping she was Okay? She then asked rather than come this afternoon?
Hello?
Can she come at half ten?
Well I was delighted as poor Waggs is in here with me. In here, being the conservatory again, goodness help me when it comes to cleaning the room out, as we have most of our furniture in here from the Livingroom, even the dining room is full. I have so much work to do before we see our friend.

My painter came. He is an honest worker. He’s different, and some people would be scared of him. He has few teeth and the ones he does have are black. A lady I recommended him to told me last year. His car/van had his door kicked in when he visited her and his window was smashed. He had red eyes too. I just said it was the paint but she was sure he was on drugs. Well he may be, but he has always done us good.

He told me my wallpaper was a right off. Oh no. There is plaster all over it. Where the plasterer has put his hands, I am so cross and upset yet again another tradesman who has totally ripped us off. If he had cleaned it at the time it would be fine. Our wallpaper is clean and cost a fortune to put on. For those thinking what I thought for a while, then remembered who we were talking about, my painter, isn’t after more work because one, last year I asked him did he think our staircase needed painting? We thought it felt as if it did. His answer was. Another year then it will but not now. And he hates wallpapering, he did the paper we have on now, but said he doesn’t normally do it. He has just done it for us as a favour. Well I think we are going to have to totally redecorate. To save money I may ask the painter if he can just paint over the top of what we have. It’s such a shame as the paper is cream with gold patents so if we paint it, it will be a plain cream. But it will be clean. I wish we had not gone with that plasterer though,

I asked the painter if he were to strip the walls and just paint them how much? He said four days of work. Four days of work equals £500 plus materials and we don’t have that kind of money spare.

So I just said paint over the paper and then how many days? Two he said. So this plasterer has cost us so much more money in the short time but the painter said it will only last a year before the paper will start to come off. So in the long term a lot more money. I only hope to goodness that the joiner will be able to fix our shower? It’s not a plumber’s job, just needs sealing.


Among all that, I tried to call Hub at work to ask what should I do? Strip it pays five days’ work or do it over two days and paint over the paper? Can’t get a hold of him. Tried his home phone, work mobile and office desk. So I have decided and as my Son has just told me, make the decision on my own. So I have. If it was the wrong one, tough.

Talking of Son, among all that I made his lunch then got the dog walker to come around the back and handed Waggatail over to her. At least that would give her some free time rather than being a prisoner like me. Then at least as well, she would hopefully be sleepy for this afternoon.
My friend called just as my dog walking lady came and the neighbour who kindly took in my parcels. I ordered a gift for someone, and a coat. Not being able to see either, the gift I’m delighted with, the description was Okay on this one, as for the coat? The description was dreadful. But I love it. So now I just wait to receive a giant inflatable Christmas stocking… As you do… And my painter has just told me he has gone on his lunch break. That was fifty minutes ago, still no sign of him. Before he left, I asked him had he finished the gloss? Haha, well, I think he thought what a cheek? As he seemed a little flabbergasted. Then he replied. No. I haven’t started it yet.
Not started it? What has he been doing? Oh gosh. It’s just turning one it’s taken me a few hours to write this with all of the interruptions. The thing is, my painter keeps asking me questions, so I can’t go upstairs to do any work and I can’t do any in here as it’s like a stock room with furniture all over the place and I can’t remember where most things are now it’s been that blooming long. But tomorrow night please let it be finished? I still am waiting for my joiner and he is not coming until Thursday.

I’m sure there is light at the end of this tunnel… Just no one is showing me the switch… Oh, I can hear my painter in the room now, or is it a burglar? Hahaha. X

No comments: