translate

Sunday 6 November 2016

DIARY OF FROZEN FINGERS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s so cold today and has rained on and off all morning. I had to cancel our dog walker, bless her though the heavens have opened, she still wanted to take the dogs for a walk. She said she was fine with the rain, and I know she meant it, but she isn’t young so I am so afraid she catches cold which will lead onto something more serious. I had to tell her in the end I didn’t want the dogs getting wet. That is the only way she understands not to come. I felt bad for her as she I know would feel like she has let us down, even though it was us who said not to come. She walks loads of dogs free of charge too and I know of one person who really uses her and has no care for her this is such a shame for such a good lady.

 

Our poor dogs are now sulking. At least LF may get a walk at work in lunch breaks, as for Waggs, no, not now until next weekend, but she will be fine.

 

You do get some kind selfless souls and our dog walker is one of those people. Bless her walking boots.

 

Even though I’m in the house, I’m so cold. My fingers hurdle are able to type. My heating is on but I’m going to have to put the fire on too. I’m also so sleepy today. Not sure why, as went to bed before midnight, got to sleep after two this morning then was waking up by teen for work at half eight this morning, of course that wasn’t over the full five hours, of  sleep, I woke up about three times in between. But right now, I feel like I have travelled from Japan to London without sleeping.

 

Teen came home for his lunch. He wasn’t in the best of moods. He has a couple of days off next week as does Shamrock this is rare he normally has one day off with her. So, I think they plan to have a break somewhere. At least he now has two safe tires on his car. Gosh the price of tires is shocking, I mean, they are rubber at the end of the day! Teen had his first puncture the other day and he managed to get his spare tire and change it. He has never been taught this before so he was rightly so proud.

 

I used to feel bad because his Dad isn’t able to teach him things like changing tires obviously, he can’t see to do it and it’s oddly enough, something Hub has never had to do. But end of day, Teen took it upon himself to do this. A lot of blind parents me included feel at times inadequate because we can’t do things like teach the kids to drive, but I got Teen through his written exam for driving by sitting with him, getting him to read the questions to me and I talked him through the answers, rather than just making it Q and A’s, we talked about why’s and how’s. to make it more interesting and I did wonder if it would register more, well it did because he passed.

 

As for the practical driving, we could not do that so we did feel helpless, but for those who ar going through that guilt right now, trust me, I have been shocked at just how many of Teens friends who have sighted parents, still have to pay for lessons as their parents just don’t have the time, energy or confidents to teach their little sprogs. I can’t understand it personally. My neighbour Di and her family were fantastic with Teen. Di her Husband and her Dad all took turns one day and night to give teen his final blast before his test and it did him the world of good. I felt so proud of him. Another thing he did at the age of eighteen another step we saw him climb.  Mind you that wasn’t an easy journey, pardon the pun, we went through two driving instructors, Teen didn’t like his first one. Then to get him to have some get up and go to actually get some energy to want to go out on his lesson.

 

  I have decided that I am going to decorate my tree ice blue and white this year. I have bought a new tree. I want two though, one in the living room and one in the conservatory. The one in the conservatory will have my older baubles and a couple I bought this year. So, those colours are coffee, creams, golds, chocolates and oranges.

I have loads of decorations for my old tree like fairies, angels, small cuddly bears and beautiful Pegasus ornaments to hang from the pines. Gold tinsel too, I will keep my new tree very simple. Blue and white, Like a boring modern person. Haha. Can I do that? It will be a challenge.

 

I’m really looking forward to Christmas this year. I love it. And this New Year will I hope be the start of a better year as out with old in with new.

 

Hub and I have the most amazing music on our TV it’s a competition of England’s Gospel choirs. Gosh we love them. No one can sing like black people and no one can dance like them either. What is all that about? When a person who is black sings, I just melt. I could listen to this kind of music all day and night. White people are just so different, kind of weak, but when a black person sings, oh. My. They sing from their soul, like a gift from God.

 

I wish I knew where there was a gospel choir where we live, in our town, gosh I would go to church every week.

 

Oh, here are some spooky facts if you are like me and not withit?

My Husband has his new IPhone, suddenly all of my contacts have gone onto his phone?

Em.

Hello’oo’o

As he sat with a big proud smile across his face, I  said. “And what if I had a contact I didn’t want you to know about?””

Hehehehehe. Bless my Hub he does put up with a lot.

 

My IPhone won’t work on finger recognition today. For those like what I was a few months ago, you train your finger to open your phone rather than letting anyone be able to use it. Well mine won’t, because yesterday I burned it and now I have to put in my code each time.

 

Even if you wash your hands your finger print is different.

YeahYeahyeahYeah. Sorry, my fave choir has just won the competition. Manchester Inspirational Voices. Oh my they are absolutely fantastic. They were mine and Hubs favourite. Em. Sorry. I write my life, haha, when I’m writing and watching TV, you join in with me? Later we are watching Off their rockers. Haha. No, I’m not featured in the making of this program. Cheeky chops? It’s a program about old people who do really stupid things on camera. Like a dear old lady will go into an electric shop and have a dizzy moment and smash some TV’s, but the staff can’t be cross as they are dear elderly people, another lady will go up to a young man in his early twenties, with a big toothless smile and ask him for a kiss. Hahaha. The other people won’t know the old people are actors and there is a hidden camera.

 

Wow, let me tell you about a place in England called Exmoor. It’s a huge wild moor well for three years there have been boxes placed and the public have been asked to leave their poems inside the boxes. 6000 poems have been written and some of them are going to be published. What a nice idea? Apparently, some of the poems are about Brexit.

 

OK, our weather is on TV now, and in Northumberland where I used to live, there is signs of snow already. But for us tomorrow, rain. I’m out tomorrow to a friend’s house. Looking forward to that but I will have to leave LF at home because Hub is unable to take him to work tomorrow. I won’t bore you with reasons why.

 

I just hope I come home to my house in tact?

 

OK, will go for now, but take care of yourselves. Later with love.

No comments: