translate

Saturday 26 November 2016

DIARY OF UP THE LADDERS AND THE BIG 5 0 BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. Just finished dinner. Teens served ready to feed him when he gets in. Not too late today or should that be tonight? As it will be after eight.

Dishwasher full and I have made an impression of the ironing pile today apart from that just general tidying up as much as I can in this house. We have all our pictures off the walls upstairs and there are Christmas decorations all over the place up there ready to go up on Tuesday. I can’t wait to do this. I have also bought some outdoor tac. An inflatable nut cracker, hahaha, and an inflatable Christmas stocking with parcels coming out of it along with inflatable candy sticks. Tac or what? Hub wanted blown up stuff this Christmas, he has it.
Hope he wasn’t talking about a blown up doll?
Well he has one of those with me.
There is no sign of any deflating going on here.

When I was walking from one end of my kitchen to the other before, Hub did his sick thing of sneaking up on me. Well, obviously, he can’t see either, I heard him coming, and know his silly game now, so I thought I would be clever and move quickly to the left out of his way so he would make a massive move towards me last minute and miss! Hahaha.
Oh, it all went wrong.
Who put those chairs there?
Well there was an almighty crash and we both stood there laughing our heads off. We are mad and proud of it. Some people would say we were sick, but it’s our way of coping with life and we both so understand each other.

Hub is now up on the ladders trying to get the plaster off our wallpaper. Thing is, we have patterned wallpaper. And it’s quite tactile, so I hope he isn’t scraping the Patten off? Smile. Our cream and gold paper with now blooming brown plaster stains on, may end up plain cream wallpaper.
With brown stains on.
How would we know? Unless Teen tells us.

Hub spoke to his Dad last night on the phone. I have told Hub to ask his Dad if he wants to come here for Christmas. I just don’t like the thought of him on his own. His Son who was his best friend left almost a year ago, to live in Australia, so this year will be tough for the poor man. I just feel for him. He does have another Son who I’m sure will also ask him if he wants to spend time with him. So between the two of us, at least he has a choice. Hopefully we will see my brother in law and Sister in law soon. And I want to see my brother and family, but next weekend we are seeing our friend from London and the weekend after Hub is working, but the week leading to Christmas, we are free. Then three weeks after then, Hub and I are meeting up with our great friends from school. JB, Trix, Trace and the Like man. As for Mr. Clock? Goodness knows if he will be invited. The old timer will be fifty by then. That is scary. Let me just add he was a couple of years older than Hub and myself. But our friend Trix is also coming up to the big five zero. And as far as JB and Trace are concerned, the big 5 0, left them a while back. Haha. Gosh we are getting old? I don’t feel it, until I stand up… Sitting here and before in the kitchen I just feel like a child. Playing silly games, getting excited for Christmas. And it’s great we have something to look forward to after Christmas because after such a build up, it’s such a let down.

Oh, before I go let me tell you about our guide dogs Waggatail and the Little Fella? I don’t know what was in Hubs coffee this morning, but he has been hyper all day smile. Tonight, Hub was playing with the dogs in our lounge which looks enormous now the furniture is out whilst decorating. The dogs think it’s great. Running around like loonies. Well, LF barked really out of control haha, and after a while, Hub told him to be quiet. Oh it was really funny. He barked one more time a little quieter. Hub said. Be quiet? His bark was once again ever so slightly quieter and another bark, just one at a time, and Hub said be
Quiet?
And then LF did the quietest gentle bark I have ever heard a dog do. It was as if his volume was getting turned down.

Well I guess I best go and do some more work and tomorrow I have to go to our shops and get some groceries. I pray it won’t be icy. Our dogs are not having their free run this weekend but June is coming on Tuesday to take the Wagging one for walkies. Poor LF will be at work with Hub. There will be gloss all over Monday and Tuesday, not good when you have dogs, especially as one is black. I have a Labrador, not a Dalmatian.

May your Sunday be full of peace, and only pleasant things happen to you, with a perfect memory as you take to your bed place your head on your pillow and sleep well after such a good day. Take care cos I care and I will be back soon, with a blog a Blogget has asked me to write about. X


No comments: