translate

Tuesday 1 November 2016

DIARY OF THE STING BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. I’m still coughing and I sound like I have smoked forty cigarettes for breakfast. I’m totally dreading tomorrow more on that tomorrow. And the day after too. Who knows what this week will bring? I just wish it was over and next week as well please?

 

Teen just been home in a mad rush. He is shattered. He has the crazy crew on with him today. One is a total stress ball and the other is lazy, the third is very condescending and the forth hasn’t got a clue what to do. A speedy tuna pasta and refreshed himself and on his way for another session for another four hours.

 

Waggatail is still recovering from her very busy walks and adventures this week of her attempt to swim, to chasing Shamrock covered in mud as she zigs zagged to try to avoid the wagging one because she was wearing a new cream top. Hahaha. I can just imagine the scene whilst she screamed as Waggs ran after her. And how can Wagga forget her dish of chicken at the café? Really… Teen broke all the guide dog rules. But I guess everyone deserves a break once in a while, and for her to remind herself that she is a dog at the end of the day? I just hope she remembers she is a working dog tomorrow when I need her badly to guide me?

 

Well last night was funny. I put a dish of treats out for the Halloweener’s and Hub went to the door when the little ones came. He handed them the dish keeping a hold of it and he said their tiny hands were like the mouths of sharks. He pulled the dish away as he was afraid more would come as that group was one of about twenty. So only about eleven treats left. No one else came. Just saying, eleven treats left… How do I know? Well, someone had to count them?

Reminds me, must move wrappers before Little Fella gets home as he loves to play the part of a Vacuum, leaving just the smallest piece of paper sticking out of his mouth to tease us. Bless him though he brings you things in his mouth he isn’t meant to have and does a funny dance, to give it away really, that he is being naughty. Then without seeing him, I know he has a smile and a glint in his eye as I try to retrieve the whatever. He ever so gently lets you have it. So, why does he collect stuff? Not to eat or he wouldn’t bring it all to me. I wonder if he was a cat in his previous? Bringing his Mum, a gift? Well, thank goodness it’s not a mouse?

 

Oh, guess what? Our friends we went to visit at the weekend, only have a blooming sore throat now? Oh, gosh, I feel so guilty. I just pray that it won’t be as bad as mine and even Hubs, as he is much better than me, but bless him he feels awful. Like me, as if he has been kicked all over by a horse. His throat hurts bad too.

 

I was up ready today at half seven waiting for dog food to arrive. I’m always waiting for parcels of some sort. May be in my past I was a midwife? Haha, I told you before how I was regressed kind of, and I was a medical student. In Spain. Why Spain? Because I was Spanish. I was a very lost soul. Devastated by my love. I was about 21 and he was a Dr. He did the dirty on me but not for a reason or fault of his own. I know this sounds crazy, but I totally believe the Dr was my now Husband. Again, there are reasons I believe this.

 

Oh, my, as the sun pounds down on my lounge floor, in creating a warm place on our rug for Wagga, I’m reminded how much work I have to do. My bedding is in the drier and I have a pile of washing to put in the washer. Dinner is easy as it’s yesterday’s pumpkin soup. And I’m going to try to grill some halloumi to have a   starter with tiny tomatoes and to my Husbands horror, some salad leaves with a dressing.

 

I know I will eat the cheese if I don’t spoil it. I have never grilled it before. Don’t have a clue, I guess it won’t be as easy as just putting it under the grill? I am going to put a tiny bit of oil on a tray and try to do it that way. Or I would imagine it will stick? Or melt all over the place.

 

I have washed Teens bathroom and seriously, he has two bins in his bathroom. Where do the disused toilet, rolls go? On the floor. I have tried doing things like leaving the rolls of cardboard on his toilet seat and even bringing the bins right to the toilet, so when he needs to lift the lid up, he has to move the empty rolls, right?

Well kind of, he moves them on the floor.

 

I think I have learned why one of my windowsills has been used as a grave yard? As I suspected, they were attracted by the sweet smell of a oil and reeds I had in a bottle on that particular window. Now that is moved, Teen has removed the bodies and if I dare I will go into the yard and try to rename it as my landing windowsill once again.

 

Wasps sting and they look menacing. Why on earth do we have them? They say that wasps eat garden pests. I’ll stick with the pests please?

 

They are attracted to sweet stuff. Did you know they were related to the lovely bee’s?

 

They make amazing papier mâché structures. They can be heard munching on fences to turn into pulp for their nests.

Suddenly wrought iron fencing sounds very attractive!

 

Some wasps store wild yeasts in their gut to help to make wine. Again, I will stick to a cup of tea thank you.

 

There are about 9000 species of wasps. Well, I think we had quite a few of them they came to drink the sweet fragrant oil I had on my windowsill and died on the spot. Do I feel bad? Being a vegetarian and all that?

No. I blooming don’t.

 

If you need to treat your fences because wasps are stripping them, they say to use Cuprinol

Wasps get in through where your house boards may be worn usually near your roof. They also get in through wiring like TV wires that may be going from outside to in or vice versa.

 

At the end of the year the male wasps die as there is no sweet fruit to eat but the queen lives on in a new nest ready for spring when she will start the whole process again. Wasps never come back to old nests.

 

German wasps are much larger and their nests look like a grey lightweight football.

 

I didn’t know that only female wasps sting?  

 

OK I’m feeling a little queasy now so on that note, I shall go and do some work. But still not going near that landing windowsill. When I say landing, I mean our stairs, not a landing pad for pigging wasps.

No comments: