translate

Tuesday 29 November 2016

TUESDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good day Bloggets. I’m writing this in the conservatory. My asthma is dreadful with the fumes of the paint. My painter came yesterday. He came ages later than he said. He started to paint the ceiling that had just been plastered and told me of the mess that was all over our wallpaper. Even a hand print from the plasterer. If he had cleaned it when he was here, there would be no problem. Hubs two hours work cleaning where we thought was messy, didn’t do any good. But it was the day after. Our painter said if it was done before it dried, then our wallpaper could have been saved. If we wanted him to strip the paper, and re do everything. It would be five days’ work. So I said no, paint the paper that is on. I don’t care anymore. I was devastated. The trouble it took to get that paper, it’s not like I can get in the car, drive to the shop and glance at different papers? Also, it cost a fortune.

So no gloss work got done yesterday. The walls were wet. Where to put the dogs overnight? We tried the downstairs toilet, but no way they were going in there and I don’t blame them. We put their beds in but still no. Now they normally lay in the hall, but Waggatail can open the lounge door as it’s broken. This house really is the house that Jack built. Well, this morning, Teen said that Waggs had paint on her ear. How to get that off? Answers would be appreciated. When Hub went downstairs this morning, Waggs was laying on the sofa so if my breathing is bad, goodness help her? Little Fella was a good boy in his bed.

So, my painter was due today at eight. Ten past, no one. Half past not a sign. Almost nine, I text him. No response. By now I was annoyed. I called him at ten past nine. May be a good job he isn’t answer. Half nine, he called me saying he had slept in. So I just said.
“Oh aren’t you the lucky one?”” So, forty minutes later he arrived. He knew I wasn’t best pleased.

It’s almost four in the afternoon now. He’s still working, though not sure I have any coffee left… Mind you, Teen came home from work for lunch and he said it looks great in there now. Tomorrow the bigger mess starts as our joiner is coming and going to grout the tiles in our shower room. And you know what a mess that makes? He said it would take him two full ayes? Oh my… Why? I want it done yesterday. But we are lucky as he wasn’t coming until Thursday.

It’s awful because I have furniture all over the place and pictures, ornaments and a huge rug rolled up. Even all the cushions in a huge plastic bag and all of the electrics. It’s bad enough remembering where to go in the house without having so many obstacles. I can’t go out, or do any housework upstairs as upstairs there is no room to do anything. To top this, two teens for tea today to cook for.

The weather is so cold but crisp and sunny. How I would love a lovely winter walk through autumn leaves today? Just to get out. My friend has just contacted me to ask if I want to go out, but no way I can, not for the next few days. Somehow, I have to get ready to meet with our friend too. Hub taking the day off on Friday. And I kind of hope that we are going to take the two busses to our big shopping centre to do last minute Christmas presents. Making plans to see our friends the week before Christmas and my brother and Sister in law are coming too. And hope to get together with Hubs Brother and his Dad probably different times. But at some point, I have to wrap gifts… Next weekend I hope Hub, Teen, Shamrock and I are going to the Pantomime in our town. I have had tickets for months. But guess who is working that day? Teen. He said he will try to swap. He blooming better. He said if he can’t get time off, we can go with Shamrock…. Well the point is a family time, and he is our family. Our only Son. And though I am sure Shamrock will be fine coming with us, the forth ticket? Also, I didn’t book space for Little Fella as thought we wouldn’t need him. No way I would expect Shamrock to guide both of us. Bless her, she would though.

Well my tac has arrived. I hope this will put a smile on Hubs face. It put a laugh on Teens face when he saw them in the box, as for me? I think I will have to leave the house under a blanket not to let any passer-by’s know I live here.

I have ordered our groceries to come tomorrow. Gosh I can not believe the price of food now days? I would say we are spending about £90 per month more than we were a few months ago.

Well I will dash now as I’m being called. But I hope your day is stress free. Until later with love.


No comments: