translate

Friday 18 November 2016

FRIDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Wow, what a dreadful stressful morning I have had? My beloved really does give me some tasks to do and todays was no exception!  Just over one hour on the phone that is after trying to get hold of an impossible number as well as calling someone to try and make contact with and pass on a message. Maybe you are wondering what the heck I’m talking about? Well my insides are in knots. I’m up against the clock. Time is ticking for sure and decisions are having to be made on my own because Hub is at work and he thinks I can deal with it? Well, I’m struggling for sure.

 

Leading up to our wedding for the two weeks before hand my Husband to be was abroad working. I was getting calls from companies asking questions about our big day that should have been a joint decision but Hub was somewhere crazy at the time I can’t remember but not what I would call a regular kind of country where by it was easy to contact him. I couldn’t. So, the yes’s no’s and tick boxes had to be on my shoulders.

 

Gosh that was a challenging time, most people for their wedding day have help and support from a parent or family member. Not me, I arranged everything on my own. Found out when Hub was free from work. Arranged the venue. Who I wanted there well, all but two people were really wanted… See where they were to sit, how many we required around each table. What colour table cloths we wanted, what to have to eat, the entertainment and who would marry us? Hubs suit shirt and tie as well as our Sons outfit. He was thirteen at the time and was Hubs best man and a great job he did too. Bless him. My shoes, flowers to which Hubs Mum kindly made so I just had to choose the colours. My dress calling loads of places first to see where was best and arranging a hair dressers to come to the house as obviously, I couldn’t drive where ever and then to get cars to the place we needed to be and then for our honeymoon. Smile, I even arranged that. This is why on the day itself, I was so emotional. Exhausted and relieved the best day of my life had arrived. Hub and I both agreed it was the very best day for us both and everything went so well. It was a perfect day. First marriages normally others plan and you get told what to do. Second time around it should be just how you want it and it was.

 

I was so fortunate our friend took the wedding photographs. He is the best in the business and I was so honoured to have him as our photographer. My friend Julie came with me to our town after my hair was done and I got my makeup done in a department store. Hahah. Sounds bad, that, doesn’t it? I had lost a lot of weight at the time and wanted to just look different. But even that was funny because in my mind I wanted light brown eye lashes with gold edging. The makeup artist had never done this before and hadn’t even seen it? I was shocked, as surely it isn’t that unusual? She asked her colleagues to come over and told them. They were equally intrigued. Anyway, I got my wish and the ladies said that it looked so good that they would recommend it to other people getting their makeup done in the future…

 

As with choosing this house. And doing the deal. I made the decision rather fast as I knew that Hub would say up to you…. On the map this house was perfect for us, I thought… I don’t regret buying it at all. But the lead up to it? Oh, gosh. But if I had dark hair, it would have been turned grey for sure.

 

Today was over one hour of my time waisted and so much work before and after. I had everything sorted and Hub said no, so now back to the drawing board. Where are my pencils?

 

As we would say in the North East, I’m not in the best of fettles today. A friend of mine has been let down by yet another man friend. Poor lady is picking the wrong kind and I feel so sad for her because this time she really fell for him. Last one she was heartbroken, this time I just hope won’t send her into a depression.

 

I have of course heard of arranged marriages, the other night the four of us were watching a program about people in the UK who were matched through an agency. They didn’t even meet until their wedding day. Oh my? Anyway, as for my friend, I looked at the man’s profile on Facebook and no way I would have put them together. I wish I could help her to find Mr. Right? Bless her she hasn’t had an easy life and I feel for her.

 

Oh, let me tell you. My door? Remember we have had a PVC party all week. Sounds kinky, but not really, it is my front door. Well, last night a man came from a company locally and wow, he was amazing. The first guy who wasn’t a total liar for one, and cheat for another. He was so helpful. And my new door gets fitted first week in January. So, the rest of this month and next we will have to put up with the cold getting in but at least after then when the weather is at its worst, we will have a warm door.

 

We had to pay a deposit. He had to give us change and it was one of our new £5 oh I hate them. I will for sure mistake them for a receipt. They are smaller than the old ones and if they are plastic, why couldn’t they put a Braille number five on them? If they bring the same out in tens, twenties and so on, it will be worse than the last notes as you can’t even fold these they are so small. Monopoly money.

 

Today is sunny it has rained all night though. Yesterday we had a bit of snow and Hubs train was delayed, so he didn’t get home until seven in the evening.

 

He said there was almost a fight on the train. A girl with a child was on her mobile phone saying to a friend how shocking it was her benefits were going to be stopped and after half an hour almost of this person going mad. She put the phone down and the man next to Hub turned around and said. “I think you are a disgrace. What makes you think that you are entitled to benefits? You chose to have a child and there is no reason you can’t find some kind of work. The trouble with people like you is you want for nothing.”” Apparently, the man really tore into the lady. She never said a word but Hub said that he spoke to her for about ten minutes. How could she not have answered? Gosh I think I would have had to say something, unless of course she is a sponger? Otherwise, surely she would have tried to fight her case?

 

Cleaned Teens bathroom today and was delighted to see that A, there were no clothes on the bathroom floor, or shoes, and B, he had emptied his bin. Mind you, his clothes, slippers and a pair of shoes were all over the landing. Now they are chucked on the bed and floor of his bedroom. He has a huge robe but hangs things on the floor. I wouldn’t care, but he is so particular about ironing his own clothes, and when he is done, they are immaculate.

 

Right, off to meet a man. Smile. Clear my mind of phone calls and jog on… I hope your day is stress free. Have a lovely weekend. We are off to the theatre tomorrow and Sunday Hub playing piano for church. I will chat again later, until then smile. X

No comments: